Review: could Albuterol cause Excessive hunger (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Excessive hunger is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Asthma.
We study 54,126 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 148 have Excessive hunger. Find out below who they are, when they have Excessive hunger and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol and have Excessive hunger >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 54,817 Albuterol users)
Excessive hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 9,324 Excessive hunger patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 54,126 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 148 people (0.27%) have Excessive Hunger.
Time on Albuterol when people have Excessive hunger * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Excessive hunger||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Excessive hunger when taking Albuterol * :
|Excessive hunger||62.82%||37.18% |
Age of people who have Excessive hunger when taking Albuterol * :
|Excessive hunger||0.00%||5.88%||3.36%||0.84%||10.08%||20.17%||21.01%||38.66% |
Severity of Excessive hunger when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Excessive hunger||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Excessive hunger ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (36 people, 24.32%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (30 people, 20.27%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (19 people, 12.84%)
- Depression (13 people, 8.78%)
- Pain (10 people, 6.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (43 people, 29.05%)
- Multi-vitamins (24 people, 16.22%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 16.22%)
- Potassium chloride (22 people, 14.86%)
- Celebrex (20 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol and excessive hunger on
Do you have Excessive Hunger while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Excessive Hunger
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Excessive Hunger
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate for a 38-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Bricanyl, Ventolin for a 51-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain In Limb, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Hunger, Sweating, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 47-year old man with Arthritis. The patient has Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires)
Recent Albuterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Symbicort, Albuterol for a 39-year old man who has Asthma
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Albuterol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain/ Asthma
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.