Review: could Albuterol cause Hot flashes (Hot Flush)?
Summary: Hot flashes is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 54,129 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 234 have Hot flashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flashes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol and have Hot flashes >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 54,818 Albuterol users)
Hot flashes (sudden feelings of heat) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, breast cancer, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,009 Hot flashes patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 54,126 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 234 people (0.43%) have Hot Flashes.
Time on Albuterol when people have Hot flashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hot flashes when taking Albuterol * :
|Hot flashes||85.78%||14.22% |
Age of people who have Hot flashes when taking Albuterol * :
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||2.63%||40.53%||12.63%||14.21%||29.47% |
Severity of Hot flashes when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hot flashes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (43 people, 18.38%)
- Asthma (31 people, 13.25%)
- Metastases to bone (27 people, 11.54%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (22 people, 9.40%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (21 people, 8.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (72 people, 30.77%)
- Arimidex (58 people, 24.79%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (55 people, 23.50%)
- Ativan (50 people, 21.37%)
- Oxycontin (48 people, 20.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol and hot flashes on
Do you have Hot Flashes while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Hot Flashes
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Wellbutrin Sr for a 62-year old woman with Depression, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hot Flashes, Aphasia
Recent Albuterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Symbicort, Albuterol for a 39-year old man who has Asthma
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Albuterol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain/ Asthma
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.