Review: could Albuterol cause Hot flashes (Hot Flush)?
Summary: Hot flashes is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 54,111 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 234 have Hot flashes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flashes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Albuterol and have Hot flashes >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (view latest outcomes from 54,799 users)
Hot flashes (sudden feelings of heat) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, breast cancer, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Hot flashes 17,904 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 54,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 234 people (0.43%) have Hot Flashes.
Time on Albuterol when people have Hot flashes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hot flashes when taking Albuterol * :
|Hot flashes||85.78%||14.22% |
Age of people who have Hot flashes when taking Albuterol * :
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||2.63%||40.53%||12.63%||14.21%||29.47% |
Severity of Hot flashes when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hot flashes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (43 people, 18.38%)
- Asthma (31 people, 13.25%)
- Metastases to bone (27 people, 11.54%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (22 people, 9.40%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (21 people, 8.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (72 people, 30.77%)
- Arimidex (58 people, 24.79%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (55 people, 23.50%)
- Ativan (50 people, 21.37%)
- Oxycontin (48 people, 20.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hot Flashes while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Hot Flashes
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Albuterol, Fioricet)
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my eyes front for head and temples (I have also had a warming sensation in the back of head and thought body here and there that no one can explain to me ) but I have been subscribed fioricet but I'm a chronic asthmatic so I take albuterol inhaler ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can myrbetriq help with menopausal hot flashes?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Menopause Hot Flashes, and takes Myrbetriq)
My doctor recommended Myrbetriq for menopausal hot flashes. Has anyone used this drug for that purpose?
- I've stopped using salbutamol after 15yrs i now have symptoms of ulnar palsy
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Forearm Elbow Pain, Numb Fingers In Morning, and takes Albuterol)
i've taken 4 puffs of ventalin for around 15 years along with clenil, at a recent asthma checkup i was told to stop using the ventalin... asthma is well under control, but i am now experiencing forearm/elbow pain especially in the morning my ring and little fingers feel numb and tingle for a while m ...
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low (1 answer)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin)
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
More questions for: Albuterol, Hot flashes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, and takes Lamictal, Cymbalta)
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Crestor side effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Are fm and premature menopause linked (2 responses)
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Obesity, Pain, Hot Flush)
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at 17. I coped really well with it until I tragically lost my sister, met and married my husband and had a child all in one year. The trauma and also overload of emotions including PND seemed to ramp up all my symptoms. I do not work, I am a SAHM to 3. I rest as oft ...
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
(Posted by a 18 year old girl who has Depression - Adolescents, Lip Pain, Lip Bleeding, Lip Cracking, Fever Between 99.9 And 102.6 Fahrenheit, Hot Flashes, Ulcer - Mouth, Steven-Johnsons Syndrome, and takes Zoloft)
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes (1 response)
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Hot Flashes, High Blood Pressure, and takes Bystolic)
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
More reviews for: Albuterol, Hot flashes
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat), Carotid Artery Bypass
Comments: I get a dull headache in back of head, right side. Not sharp pain. Headache cause dizziness and sensitivity to sound. Woke up with tenderness from near jawbone done to throat area. Vein along this area feels tender and possibly swollen.
- A study of side effects of Ventolin for a patient with E.e.s.. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol, Colace, Protonix, Zometa, Aromasin, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with COPD, Constipation, Cancer - Breast, Cancer. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
More related studies for: Albuterol, Hot flashes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.