Review: could Albuterol cause Hypotension?
Summary: Hypotension is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 54,129 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,936 have Hypotension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypotension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol and have Hypotension >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 54,818 Albuterol users)
Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 112,996 Hypotension patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 54,129 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 1,936 people (3.58%) have Hypotension.
Time on Albuterol when people have Hypotension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypotension when taking Albuterol * :
Age of people who have Hypotension when taking Albuterol * :
Severity of Hypotension when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypotension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (162 people, 8.37%)
- Asthma (155 people, 8.01%)
- Hypertension (147 people, 7.59%)
- Depression (63 people, 3.25%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (61 people, 3.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (594 people, 30.68%)
- Lasix (425 people, 21.95%)
- Furosemide (348 people, 17.98%)
- Lisinopril (312 people, 16.12%)
- Prednisone (312 people, 16.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol and hypotension on
Do you have Hypotension while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Hypotension
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Hypotension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 55-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Mobic for a 56-year old woman with Plantar Fasciitis. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Hypotension, Hypotension
Recent Albuterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Symbicort, Albuterol for a 39-year old man who has Asthma
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Albuterol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain/ Asthma
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.