Home > Albuterol > Migraines > Albuterol and Migraines
Review: could Albuterol cause Migraines (Migraine)?
Summary: Migraines is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma.
We study 54,105 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 489 have Migraines. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraines and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Albuterol and have Migraines >>>
Albuterol (latest outcomes from 54,797 users) has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma.
Migraines (headache) (latest reports from 173,300 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 54,105 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 433 people (0.80%) have Migraines.
Time on Albuterol when people have Migraines * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraines when taking Albuterol * :
Age of people who have Migraines when taking Albuterol * :
Severity of Migraines when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Migraines ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (100 people, 23.09%)
- Pain (75 people, 17.32%)
- Depression (44 people, 10.16%)
- Contraception (41 people, 9.47%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (37 people, 8.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (83 people, 19.17%)
- Nexium (80 people, 18.48%)
- Vicodin (73 people, 16.86%)
- Ativan (70 people, 16.17%)
- Valium (69 people, 15.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraines while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Migraines
- support group for people who take Albuterol
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- I've stopped using salbutamol after 15yrs i now have symptoms of ulnar palsy
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Forearm Elbow Pain, Numb Fingers In Morning, and takes Albuterol)
i've taken 4 puffs of ventalin for around 15 years along with clenil, at a recent asthma checkup i was told to stop using the ventalin... asthma is well under control, but i am now experiencing forearm/elbow pain especially in the morning my ring and little fingers feel numb and tingle for a while m ...
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin)
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
- Am i pregnant or had a miscarriage or other condition?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Slight On And Metalic Taste In The Mouth, Some Times Slight Or Server Lower Back Pain And Pulling Below Belly Button And On And Off Crave For Certain Foods And Sence Of Smell, and takes Ventolin)
my mentral cycle is very unpredictable and hence i have very iregular periods but one thing for sur i have never missed my periods or ever been late infact it often comes early
- Will using butalbital 6-7 times a month for migraines result in dependency?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Migraines, and takes Multivitamin, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Glucosamine)
I experience migraines 6-7 times a month and have found butalbital/aspirin/caffeine to be very effective in managing pain. Does anyone know if this rate of usage can cause dependency? I have been taking butalbital since 2007. My migraines are very unpredictable--occasionally I will go 2-3 weeks with ...
More questions for: Albuterol, Migraines
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Insomnia, Migraine, and takes Melatonin, Imitrex)
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Albuterol, Migraines
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 40, Albuterol, Singulair for a patient with Pediatric Asthma. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Mood Swings
Comments: 4 year old son personality changed with in a week of starting singular 4 mg chew tablets for his asthma. He went from being a very calm child to very scared and easily upset. He would break down very easily and it would take 30 min to almost 1 hour to calm him down over the simplest things. He would ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Albuterol Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Carisoprodol, Topamax, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Singulair, Advair Hfa, Proventil, Coumadin, Glimepiride, Lipitor, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoarthrosis, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bursitis, Asthmatic Crisis, Major Depressive Disorder, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Frequent Headaches, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I have an non-typical pulmonary stenosis, MPA aneurysm directly above that valve. The left ventricle was also enlarged due to the stress of my third & final pregnancy put on my heart.
On March 1st (this year) I went to the ER as none of my asthma treatment weren't working. After several tests a ...
More related studies for: Albuterol, Migraines
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (45 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (39 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (43 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)