Review: could Albuterol cause Vocal cord disorder?
Summary: Vocal cord disorder is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma.
We study 54,126 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Vocal cord disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Vocal cord disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol and have Vocal cord disorder >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 54,814 Albuterol users)
Vocal cord disorder
Vocal cord disorder has been reported by people with asthma, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 1,060 Vocal cord disorder patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 54,126 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 37 people (0.07%) have Vocal Cord Disorder.
Time on Albuterol when people have Vocal cord disorder * :
Gender of people who have Vocal cord disorder when taking Albuterol * :
|Vocal cord disorder||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Vocal cord disorder when taking Albuterol * :
|Vocal cord disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||15.62%||18.75%||18.75%||34.38% |
Severity of Vocal cord disorder when taking Albuterol ** :
How people recovered from Vocal cord disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (13 people, 35.14%)
- Pain (4 people, 10.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 8.11%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (3 people, 8.11%)
- Dyspnoea (2 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (11 people, 29.73%)
- Nexium (10 people, 27.03%)
- Spiriva (6 people, 16.22%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 13.51%)
- Miralax (5 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol and vocal cord disorder on
Do you have Vocal Cord Disorder while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Vocal Cord Disorder
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Vocal cord disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dulera, Ventolin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor Xr, Vyvanse for a 38-year old woman with Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Add. The patient has Urniating Frequently, Itchy Skin, Sore Throat, Back Pain - Low, Swollen Lymph Nodes
- A study of side effects of Ventolin for a 27-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Esgic, Albuterol, Spiriva, B-12, Amlodipine Besylate, Folic Acid, Aspirin, Zyrtec, Meloxicam, Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 53-year old woman with Headache, Asthma, Anemia, Hypertension, Preventive Surgery, Allergies, Sciatica. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes, Confusional State, Headache, Constipation, Diarrhea, Flank Pain, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Albuterol, Clonazepam, Pantoprazole, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium for a 67-year old man with Nasal Polyps, Bronchitis Chronic, Panic Disorder, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bronocho Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ventolin, Serevent, Nasonex for a 56-year old woman with Allergies, Asthma, Rhinitis Perennial. The patient has Aerobic, Potter Syndrome, Narcolepsy, Vestibular Neuronitis
Recent Albuterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Symbicort, Albuterol for a 39-year old man who has Asthma
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Albuterol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain/ Asthma
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.