Review: could Albuterol cause Vocal cord disorder?
Summary: Vocal cord disorder is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma.
We study 54,111 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Vocal cord disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Vocal cord disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Albuterol and have Vocal cord disorder >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (view latest outcomes from 54,799 users)
Vocal cord disorder
Vocal cord disorder has been reported by people with asthma, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Vocal cord disorder 1,059 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 54,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 37 people (0.07%) have Vocal Cord Disorder.
Time on Albuterol when people have Vocal cord disorder * :
Gender of people who have Vocal cord disorder when taking Albuterol * :
|Vocal cord disorder||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Vocal cord disorder when taking Albuterol * :
|Vocal cord disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||15.62%||18.75%||18.75%||34.38% |
Severity of Vocal cord disorder when taking Albuterol ** :
How people recovered from Vocal cord disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (13 people, 35.14%)
- Pain (4 people, 10.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 8.11%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (3 people, 8.11%)
- Dyspnoea (2 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (11 people, 29.73%)
- Nexium (10 people, 27.03%)
- Spiriva (6 people, 16.22%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 13.51%)
- Miralax (5 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vocal Cord Disorder while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Vocal Cord Disorder
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Vocal Cord Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I've stopped using salbutamol after 15yrs i now have symptoms of ulnar palsy
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Forearm Elbow Pain, Numb Fingers In Morning, and takes Albuterol)
i've taken 4 puffs of ventalin for around 15 years along with clenil, at a recent asthma checkup i was told to stop using the ventalin... asthma is well under control, but i am now experiencing forearm/elbow pain especially in the morning my ring and little fingers feel numb and tingle for a while m ...
- The smell of garlic causes me to have vocal cord disfunction. not having any luck with finding a cure. anyone know more
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Vocal Cord Disorder)
can't be around the smell of garlic and bleach. the condition has got worse over time. when i smell it my voice weakens, ,throat feels very thick like i have a knot in it. in severe cases i go into vocal cord distress having to take epinephrin then followed up by prednisone to relieve the condition. ...
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin)
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
- Am i pregnant or had a miscarriage or other condition?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Slight On And Metalic Taste In The Mouth, Some Times Slight Or Server Lower Back Pain And Pulling Below Belly Button And On And Off Crave For Certain Foods And Sence Of Smell, and takes Ventolin)
my mentral cycle is very unpredictable and hence i have very iregular periods but one thing for sur i have never missed my periods or ever been late infact it often comes early
- Does long use of mesalmine cause diarrhea and is there alternative med?
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Crohn's Disease, Osteoporosis, Emphysema, and takes Mesalamine, Cimzia, Calcium, Alendronate Sodium, Albuterol, Hydrocortisone)
I have Crohn's, they removed 2 strictures last year in lower intestine, now have building up of lower ileum and rectum so on Hydrocortisone Enema every other day.
Frequent diarrhea of 7 - 10 times daily but have been off Mesalamine for 2 weeks and now diarrhea is greatly reduced. Have not told doct ...
More questions for: Albuterol, Vocal cord disorder
More reviews for: Albuterol, Vocal cord disorder
- A study of side effects of Ventolin for a patient with E.e.s.. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol, Colace, Protonix, Zometa, Aromasin, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with COPD, Constipation, Cancer - Breast, Cancer. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
More related studies for: Albuterol, Vocal cord disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.