Review: could Albuterol cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma.
We study 54,126 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,175 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol and have Weight gain >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 54,817 Albuterol users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 54,126 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 1,175 people (2.17%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Albuterol when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||25.93%||0.00%||7.41%||29.63%||14.81%||22.22% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Albuterol * :
|Weight gain||73.79%||26.21% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Albuterol * :
|Weight gain||0.40%||3.08%||4.37%||5.95%||14.68%||16.87%||27.08%||27.58% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (222 people, 18.89%)
- Pain (136 people, 11.57%)
- Depression (110 people, 9.36%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (95 people, 8.09%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (76 people, 6.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (191 people, 16.26%)
- Aspirin (190 people, 16.17%)
- Spiriva (162 people, 13.79%)
- Lasix (159 people, 13.53%)
- Prednisone (149 people, 12.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate for a 38-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Nausea
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Bricanyl, Ventolin for a 51-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Albuterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Symbicort, Albuterol for a 39-year old man who has Asthma
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Albuterol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain/ Asthma
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.