Alcohol and Ataxia - from FDA reports
Ataxia is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Lamotrigine, and have Epilepsy. This review analyzes which people have Ataxia with Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,975 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
6,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 47 people (0.67%) have Ataxia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ataxia when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 53.33 %
- male: 46.67 %
Age of people who have Ataxia when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5.0 %
- 10-19: 2.5 %
- 20-29: 20.0 %
- 30-39: 15.0 %
- 40-49: 10.0 %
- 50-59: 30.0 %
- 60+: 17.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Epilepsy (9 people, 19.15%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (2 people, 4.26%)
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 4.26%)
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia (1 person, 2.13%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 2.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Phenytoin (7 people, 14.89%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 14.89%)
- Lamotrigine (7 people, 14.89%)
- Gabapentin (6 people, 12.77%)
- Mirtazapine (5 people, 10.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Speech Impairment (adult) (24 people, 51.06%)
- Eye Movements - Uncontrollable (13 people, 27.66%)
- Drowsiness (12 people, 25.53%)
- Intentional Overdose (10 people, 21.28%)
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness (9 people, 19.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ataxia when taking Alcohol?
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,427 users)
Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, depression, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 10,164 Ataxia patients).