Could Alcohol cause Ataxia - from FDA reports
Ataxia is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Lamotrigine, and have Epilepsy . We study 5,829 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA. Among them, 38 have Ataxia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ataxia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,394 users)
Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, epilepsy, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 9,606 Ataxia patients).
On Nov, 20, 2016
5,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 38 people (0.65%) have Ataxia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ataxia when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 60.53 %
- male: 39.47 %
Age of people who have Ataxia when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.94 %
- 20-29: 23.53 %
- 30-39: 14.71 %
- 40-49: 11.76 %
- 50-59: 35.29 %
- 60+: 11.76 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Phenytoin (7 people, 18.42%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 18.42%)
- Lamotrigine (7 people, 18.42%)
- Vitamin B Complex Cap (6 people, 15.79%)
- Gabapentin (6 people, 15.79%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Alcohol, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Epilepsy (9 people, 23.68%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (2 people, 5.26%)
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 5.26%)
- Depression (2 people, 5.26%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Speech Impairment (adult) (21 people, 55.26%)
- Eye Movements - Uncontrollable (13 people, 34.21%)
- Drowsiness (11 people, 28.95%)
- Gait Disturbance (9 people, 23.68%)
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness (9 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ataxia when taking Alcohol?
- Check symptoms - is ataxia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AtaxiaAtaxia
Could your condition cause AtaxiaAtaxia
Can you answer these questions?
Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...