Review: could Alcohol cause Cystic acne (Acne)?
Summary: Cystic acne is reported only by a few people who take Alcohol.
We study 5,668 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Cystic acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Cystic acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alcohol and have Cystic acne >>>
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 5,728 users)
Cystic acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin)) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease.(latest reports from Cystic acne 30,123 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 5,668 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol. Among them, 5 people (0.09%) have Cystic Acne.
Time on Alcohol when people have Cystic acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cystic acne||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Cystic acne when taking Alcohol * :
|Cystic acne||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Cystic acne when taking Alcohol * :
|Cystic acne||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Cystic acne when taking Alcohol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cystic acne||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cystic acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cystic acne||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (2 people, 40.00%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 40.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (3 people, 60.00%)
- Herbal preparation (2 people, 40.00%)
- Chantix (2 people, 40.00%)
- Antidiarrhoeal microorganisms (2 people, 40.00%)
- Vitamins (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cystic Acne while taking Alcohol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alcohol and have Cystic Acne
- support group for people who take Alcohol
- support group for people who have Cystic Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How to treat tubercolosis pimples?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Pimples, Abdominal Tubercolosis, and takes Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Rifadin, Pyrazinamide)
I already cured from my abdominal TB and stop using anti tb drugs about a month now, but the acne still there. How to cure this pimple? I never had it before I use the drugs. Will salicylic acid works? Thanks.
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Scars On Knees, and takes Alcohol)
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles accident..his behavior really change because from pain.and its breaking my heart to saw his changes especially how he treat her daughter.
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- Can bacteria filled periodontal pockets cause acne
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Periodontal Pocket, Acne, and takes Manuka Honey)
on my bottom pre molar i have gum recession for a few years. Within that time i have also suffered from recurring out break on the same side and location of the periodontal pocket. the premolar on the opposite side has also recently started to recede, and i have noticed a small breakout forming. is ...
More questions for: Alcohol, Cystic acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Acne Rosacea, Acne, and takes Spironolactone)
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spiron ...
More reviews for: Alcohol, Cystic acne
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall, Paxil, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Adhd, Depression, Reversal Of Opiate Activity, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Itching, Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Pimples
Comments: After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- A study of side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Acne. The patient has Hodgkin's Disease Nodular Sclerosis Stage Iv (cancer originating from white blood cells- stage iv), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Weight Gain, Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- A study of drug interactions between Korlym, Misoprostol for a patient with Mifegest, Cytology Abnormal. The patient has Acne, Weight Gain
Comments: After having misoprostol and mifegest for abortion, I am gaining weight (about 500-600 gms per week, it was 50.2kgs earlier and now it's 55.7kgs)..... My periods are still on (it's been 45 days almost).... My face and bumps are full with acne.... :( m so depressed what should I do)....
More related studies for: Alcohol, Cystic acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.