Review: could Alcohol cause Deep vein thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Deep vein thrombosis is reported only by a few people who take Alcohol.
We study 5,668 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Deep vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Deep vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alcohol and have Deep vein thrombosis >>>
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 5,728 users)
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Deep vein thrombosis 42,666 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 5,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol. Among them, 5 people (0.09%) have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Alcohol when people have Deep vein thrombosis * :
Gender of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Alcohol * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Alcohol * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Deep vein thrombosis when taking Alcohol ** :
How people recovered from Deep vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 40.00%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Oesophageal cancer metastatic (1 people, 20.00%)
- Anaesthesia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Overdose (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (2 people, 40.00%)
- Diazepam (2 people, 40.00%)
- Cymbalta (2 people, 40.00%)
- Albuterol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Ambien (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis while taking Alcohol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alcohol and have Deep Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Alcohol
- support group for people who have Deep Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles accident..his behavior really change because from pain.and its breaking my heart to saw his changes especially how he treat her daughter.
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the middle it takes time to go to sleep again. Generally I sleep around 2 AM and wake up at 12 PM. Four days ago I took marijuana for about 4 or five hours while watching movies (which I do very regularly) and went to bed. At 2:30 AM I felt kind of going in to darkness and highly afraid of the darkness, My heart rate was 142 and I was so afraid that I couldn't control my mind and got admitted to nearest hospital in ICU. They gave me sleeping pills and some drips (sodium chloride and some other injections). My blood report showed normal except 22.5 WBC which should be between 6 to 9. I didn't tell them that I have been smoking marijuana since I am a PhD student in my institute and they will simply throw me out if I do. Since that night I couldn't sleep without sleeping pills and whenever I try to, I feel the same terror and my heart bit starts increasing. During day time I feel highly anxious and uncomfortable. I want my old life back and I haven't smoked marijuana since that day and I promise not to. Please help me or I feel some night I will die while sleeping.
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
- I gave up alcohol 4 years ago..ever since i have had pmle really badly. any chance there is a link?
I was a heavy drinker of alcohol and have travelled the world for years without suffering from PMLE. I am 43, 4 years ago I gave up alcohol. I have not drunk one drop of alcohol since. On my first foreign trip after quitting drink I suffered a severe bout of PMLE after being in the sun. I had never ever experienced it before. I have lived in sunny tropical areas and never even used to burn. I have dark irish white skin. Is there any correlation? Think I may start drinking again it is a debilitating condition, I am a location photographer and want to put this idea in the mix?..can anyone find a study, correlation? Kind regards. Patrick
More questions for: Alcohol, Deep vein thrombosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone has these symptoms they should get treatment.I was lucky as my DVT showed itself a week later and I finally brought treatment.I hope it helps others.
More reviews for: Alcohol, Deep vein thrombosis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- always have back pain that is severe, but ive never hurt this bad. I am aware the dangers of meth and I need to quit and quitting is the only way to get better also any treatment for sores would be great please don't respond if only going to say "stop the meth" I know thanks in advance for your h ...
- Yesterday I had fews drinks ( scotch and gin ) and I smoked marijuana. I completly lost it, unable to stand up, was extremely dizzy. This morning I still feel light headed without any hangover symptom.
- Within the last few months, I have developed an unusual mole on my neck which may be melanoma (says the dermatologist). The mole is to be removed and biopsied in February, but I note that several of the above medications for Parkinsonism warn against using them if melanoma is present. (I include ord ...
- I am also on Quinapril for high blood pressure
I get gout sometimes and I was taking Prednisone 20 mg a day (every 12 hrs (took 14 pills in 2 weeks time) I did not take all the time
I want to know if this can cause blood clot in the leg. I developed a superficial blood clot in the leg and wa ...
More related studies for: Alcohol, Deep vein thrombosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.