Home > Alcohol > Drowsiness > Alcohol and Drowsiness
Review: could Alcohol cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Depression.
We study 5,667 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA and social media. Among them, 295 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alcohol and have Drowsiness >>>
Alcohol (latest outcomes from 5,727 users) has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Drowsiness (latest reports from 494,637 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 5,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol. Among them, 295 people (5.21%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Alcohol when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Drowsiness when taking Alcohol * :
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Alcohol * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Alcohol ** :
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (32 people, 10.85%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 4.75%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 2.71%)
- Suicide attempt (7 people, 2.37%)
- Intentional overdose (6 people, 2.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (22 people, 7.46%)
- Lorazepam (21 people, 7.12%)
- Seroquel (18 people, 6.10%)
- Zyprexa (17 people, 5.76%)
- Lyrica (16 people, 5.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Alcohol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alcohol and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Alcohol
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- I gave up alcohol 4 years ago..ever since i have had pmle really badly. any chance there is a link?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Polymorphic Light Eruption, and takes Alcohol)
I was a heavy drinker of alcohol and have travelled the world for years without suffering from PMLE. I am 43, 4 years ago I gave up alcohol. I have not drunk one drop of alcohol since. On my first foreign trip after quitting drink I suffered a severe bout of PMLE after being in the sun. I had never ...
- Can facial tics be caused by alcoholism
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Facial Tics, Stomping Foot On Ground While Sitting On Couch, Sticking Tongue Out Like A Snake, Jerking Head Back, Scrunching Of The Nose , and takes Alcohol)
My hubby will not admit he is a binge drinker and claims his facial tics have nothing to do with alcohol! He jerks his head back all the time and stuck his tongue out at one point or time like a snake and stomps his one foot while they are crossed on the ground. and constantly scrunches his nose up ...
More questions for: Alcohol, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Alcohol, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Topamax, Lamictal for a patient with Addiction, Vitamin C And Colds, Bipolar. The patient has Muscle Tightness, Fatigue - Chronic, Chills
Comments: bitten & treated for a tick bulls eye last june; four months ago(lyme disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr for a patient with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Chronic Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Insomnia Concerns, Sleepiness - During The Day, Memory Impairment
Comments: dose of Effexor xr 600 mgm
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Glucosamine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Weight Gain, Vaginal Swelling, Hair Thinning, Sleepy, Brain Fog
Comments: Taking Alfacalcidol for Vitamin D deficiency no effectiveness noticed in the past month.
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: Does bupropion cause drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Metformin for a patient with Stomach Upset Caused By Metformin, Depression, Heartburn Prevention, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Sleepiness
Comments: I don't know the possible relationship between daytime sleepiness (comes in spurts or cycles) and Metformin. (or Metformin + Paroxetine)
More related studies for: Alcohol, Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.