Alcohol and Hyperglycemia - from FDA reports
Hyperglycemia is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clopidogrel Bisulfate, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Hyperglycemia with Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,261 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 05, 2017
6,261 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 15 people (0.24%) have Hyperglycemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Alcohol when people have Hyperglycemia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 14.29 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 21.43 %
- 50-59: 64.29 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (4 people, 26.67%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 26.67%)
- Type 1 Diabetes (1 person, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ramipril (4 people, 26.67%)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (4 people, 26.67%)
- Isosorbide Mononitrate (4 people, 26.67%)
- Glipizide (4 people, 26.67%)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate (4 people, 26.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypokalemia (10 people, 66.67%)
- Overdose (6 people, 40.00%)
- Hypotension (6 people, 40.00%)
- Suicide Attempt (5 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle Spasms (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperglycemia when taking Alcohol?
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,427 users)
Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,359 Hyperglycemia patients).