Alcohol and Hyperkalemia - from FDA reports
Hyperkalemia is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Suicide attempt. This review analyzes which people have Hyperkalemia with Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,975 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
6,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 24 people (0.34%) have Hyperkalemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 17.39 %
- male: 82.61 %
Age of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 22.73 %
- 30-39: 31.82 %
- 40-49: 18.18 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Suicide Attempt (3 people, 12.50%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 8.33%)
- Glomerulonephritis (2 people, 8.33%)
- Schizophrenia (1 person, 4.17%)
- Depression (1 person, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acetaminophen (6 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 20.83%)
- Cannabis (4 people, 16.67%)
- Diazepam (3 people, 12.50%)
- Clonazepam (3 people, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (7 people, 29.17%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 25.00%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (6 people, 25.00%)
- Consciousness - Decreased (5 people, 20.83%)
- Renal Failure Acute (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperkalemia when taking Alcohol?
- Check symptoms - is hyperkalemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHyperkalemia and drugs with ingredients of alcohol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperkalemia and Alcohol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 7,141 users)
Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 40,553 Hyperkalemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HyperkalemiaHyperkalemia
Could your condition cause HyperkalemiaHyperkalemia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
I have had noonan sysdrom since birth and hyperkalemia for several years. I am beginning to think they ae related, but it's too rare a combination for anyhone to kn ow about it. Can hyperkalemia be part olf te Noonan syndrome complex of problems?
User reviews to the study
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
Hello, my name is Lidya Hagos and I am un undergraduate pharmacist, me and my mentor are trying to conduct a study concerning the causation of hyperkalemia by kanamycin. This is very important as we have seen that kanamycin does seem to cause hyperkalemia but there is no literature that says ...