Review: could Alcohol cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 5,668 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alcohol and have Metallic taste >>>
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 5,728 users)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.(latest reports from Metallic taste 24,191 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 5,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol. Among them, 13 people (0.23%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Alcohol when people have Metallic taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Alcohol * :
|Metallic taste||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Alcohol * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||37.50%||25.00% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Alcohol ** :
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (6 people, 46.15%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 30.77%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 30.77%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 23.08%)
- Depression (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (6 people, 46.15%)
- Crestor (4 people, 30.77%)
- Pristiq (3 people, 23.08%)
- Valium (2 people, 15.38%)
- Norvasc (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Alcohol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alcohol and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Alcohol
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles accident..his behavior really change because from pain.and its breaking my heart to saw his changes especially how he treat her daughter.
- I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and i'm now having the metallic taste in my mouth like i had before the abortion.
I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and thought all was okay but i've been experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth for 3 days now.
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the middle it takes time to go to sleep again. Generally I sleep around 2 AM and wake up at 12 PM. Four days ago I took marijuana for about 4 or five hours while watching movies (which I do very regularly) and went to bed. At 2:30 AM I felt kind of going in to darkness and highly afraid of the darkness, My heart rate was 142 and I was so afraid that I couldn't control my mind and got admitted to nearest hospital in ICU. They gave me sleeping pills and some drips (sodium chloride and some other injections). My blood report showed normal except 22.5 WBC which should be between 6 to 9. I didn't tell them that I have been smoking marijuana since I am a PhD student in my institute and they will simply throw me out if I do. Since that night I couldn't sleep without sleeping pills and whenever I try to, I feel the same terror and my heart bit starts increasing. During day time I feel highly anxious and uncomfortable. I want my old life back and I haven't smoked marijuana since that day and I promise not to. Please help me or I feel some night I will die while sleeping.
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
More questions for: Alcohol, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Loss of taste & recovery
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
More reviews for: Alcohol, Metallic taste
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- The taste is so bad that it can turn my stomach. I have been told to stay
on the drug due to having a very bad case of shingles in the ear and mouth.
Will it go away when I am off the medication
- always have back pain that is severe, but ive never hurt this bad. I am aware the dangers of meth and I need to quit and quitting is the only way to get better also any treatment for sores would be great please don't respond if only going to say "stop the meth" I know thanks in advance for your h ...
- Yesterday I had fews drinks ( scotch and gin ) and I smoked marijuana. I completly lost it, unable to stand up, was extremely dizzy. This morning I still feel light headed without any hangover symptom.
More related studies for: Alcohol, Metallic taste
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.