Alcohol and Mood swings - from FDA reports
Mood swings is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Mood swings with Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,975 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
6,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 70 people (1.0%) have Mood swings
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 46.38 %
- male: 53.62 %
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 15.69 %
- 20-29: 17.65 %
- 30-39: 23.53 %
- 40-49: 19.61 %
- 50-59: 11.76 %
- 60+: 11.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (16 people, 22.86%)
- Depression (14 people, 20.00%)
- Back Disorder (5 people, 7.14%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 5.71%)
- Pain (3 people, 4.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (16 people, 22.86%)
- Prozac (7 people, 10.00%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 8.57%)
- Paxil (6 people, 8.57%)
- Cymbalta (6 people, 8.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Aggression (30 people, 42.86%)
- Suicidal Ideation (23 people, 32.86%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 32.86%)
- Depression (21 people, 30.00%)
- Agitation (16 people, 22.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mood swings when taking Alcohol?
- Check symptoms - is mood swings caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMood swings and drugs with ingredients of alcohol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMood swings and Alcohol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 7,141 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 43,339 Mood swings patients).
Browse all side effects of Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mood swingsMood swings
Could your condition cause Mood swingsMood swings
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
User reviews to the study
Hi. My name is Christy. My husband has diabetes type 2 and was recently put on janumet. He is NOT the same person. He is usually VERY fun loving, positive, a family jokester and just never gets mad or blows up for minor things. I noticed his personality seemed so different a couple of days ...