Home > Alcohol > Respiratory failure > Alcohol and Respiratory failure
Review: could Alcohol cause Respiratory failure (Respiratory acidosis)?
Summary: Respiratory failure is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Citalopram hydrobromide, and have Depression.
We study 5,668 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Respiratory failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Respiratory failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alcohol and have Respiratory failure >>>
Alcohol (latest outcomes from 5,727 users) has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Respiratory failure (inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system) (latest reports from 33,186 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple myeloma, depression.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 5,668 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol. Among them, 53 people (0.94%) have Respiratory Failure.
Time on Alcohol when people have Respiratory failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Respiratory failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Respiratory failure when taking Alcohol * :
|Respiratory failure||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Respiratory failure when taking Alcohol * :
|Respiratory failure||0.00%||0.00%||2.13%||10.64%||36.17%||23.40%||4.26%||23.40% |
Severity of Respiratory failure when taking Alcohol ** :
How people recovered from Respiratory failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (6 people, 11.32%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 7.55%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 7.55%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (3 people, 5.66%)
- Intentional overdose (3 people, 5.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (8 people, 15.09%)
- Lamictal (6 people, 11.32%)
- Zoloft (6 people, 11.32%)
- Vasotec (6 people, 11.32%)
- Lorazepam (5 people, 9.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Respiratory Failure while taking Alcohol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alcohol and have Respiratory Failure
- support group for people who take Alcohol
- support group for people who have Respiratory Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Scars On Knees, and takes Alcohol)
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles accident..his behavior really change because from pain.and its breaking my heart to saw his changes especially how he treat her daughter.
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- I gave up alcohol 4 years ago..ever since i have had pmle really badly. any chance there is a link?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Polymorphic Light Eruption, and takes Alcohol)
I was a heavy drinker of alcohol and have travelled the world for years without suffering from PMLE. I am 43, 4 years ago I gave up alcohol. I have not drunk one drop of alcohol since. On my first foreign trip after quitting drink I suffered a severe bout of PMLE after being in the sun. I had never ...
- Can facial tics be caused by alcoholism
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Facial Tics, Stomping Foot On Ground While Sitting On Couch, Sticking Tongue Out Like A Snake, Jerking Head Back, Scrunching Of The Nose , and takes Alcohol)
My hubby will not admit he is a binge drinker and claims his facial tics have nothing to do with alcohol! He jerks his head back all the time and stuck his tongue out at one point or time like a snake and stomps his one foot while they are crossed on the ground. and constantly scrunches his nose up ...
More questions for: Alcohol, Respiratory failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
More reviews for: Alcohol, Respiratory failure
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Soma, Lortab for a patient with Ber, Weight Loss, Pain - Back, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Excessive Thirst, Leg Cramping, Back Pain - Low
Comments: always have back pain that is severe, but ive never hurt this bad. I am aware the dangers of meth and I need to quit and quitting is the only way to get better also any treatment for sores would be great please don't respond if only going to say "stop the meth" I know thanks in advance for your h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Marijuana, Varenicline for a patient with Recreational, Quit Smoking. The patient has Dizziness, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Yesterday I had fews drinks ( scotch and gin ) and I smoked marijuana. I completly lost it, unable to stand up, was extremely dizzy. This morning I still feel light headed without any hangover symptom.
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate, Multivitamin, Mirtazapine, Gabapentin, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Sinemet for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Corneal Graft Rejection, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Parkinsonism. The patient has Melanoma
Comments: Within the last few months, I have developed an unusual mole on my neck which may be melanoma (says the dermatologist). The mole is to be removed and biopsied in February, but I note that several of the above medications for Parkinsonism warn against using them if melanoma is present. (I include ord ...
- A study of side effects of Diazoxide for a patient with Hyperinsulinism. The patient has Respiratory Failure (inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system)
Comments: My baby was born at 38 weeks weighing 11 1/2 lbs. Had hypoglycemia and diagnosed with hyperinsulinism, put on diazoxide. On day six of diazoxide therapy he went into respiratory distress then failure. Was put on a ventilator then he went into shock, the doctors said septic shock but could find n ...
More related studies for: Alcohol, Respiratory failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Seroquel
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (7 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (12 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (26 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (2 hours ago)