Alcohol and Spleen enlargement - from FDA reports
Spleen enlargement is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old also take medication Humalog, and have Blood glucose increased. This review analyzes which people have Spleen enlargement with Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,975 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 28, 2017
6,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 9 people (0.13%) have Spleen enlargement
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Spleen enlargement when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Spleen enlargement when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypersensitivity (2 people, 22.22%)
- Gastritis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (2 people, 22.22%)
- Quit Smoking (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec (2 people, 22.22%)
- Prilosec (2 people, 22.22%)
- Humira (2 people, 22.22%)
- Humalog (2 people, 22.22%)
- Oxycontin (1 person, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hepatomegaly (4 people, 44.44%)
- Spleen Disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
- Portal Hypertension (2 people, 22.22%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (2 people, 22.22%)
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Spleen enlargement when taking Alcohol?
- Check symptoms - is spleen enlargement caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSpleen enlargement and drugs with ingredients of alcohol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSpleen enlargement and Alcohol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 7,141 users)
Spleen enlargement has been reported by people with primary myelofibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic myeloid leukaemia, hiv infection, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,022 Spleen enlargement patients).
Browse all side effects of Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Spleen enlargementSpleen enlargement
Could your condition cause Spleen enlargementSpleen enlargement
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
User reviews to the study
After taking Gabapentin, I have enlarged spleen and enlarged gall bladder. I titrated down & have been totally off Gabapentin for 1 1/2 months. Spleen is more in pain from being enlarged. Constant burning & itching everywhere on body. Epson salts baths do not help. Have these systems gone away ...