Alcohol and Tongue biting - from FDA reports
Tongue biting is found among people who take Alcohol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Xanax, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Tongue biting with Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,975 people who have side effects when taking Alcohol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
6,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol.
Among them, 7 people (0.1%) have Tongue biting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Tongue biting when taking Alcohol *:
- female: 14.29 %
- male: 85.71 %
Age of people who have Tongue biting when taking Alcohol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (3 people, 42.86%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (2 people, 28.57%)
- Depression (2 people, 28.57%)
- Allergic Rhinitis (1 person, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (5 people, 71.43%)
- Zyprexa (4 people, 57.14%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 57.14%)
- Protonix (4 people, 57.14%)
- Depakote (4 people, 57.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (5 people, 71.43%)
- Convulsion (5 people, 71.43%)
- Confusional State (5 people, 71.43%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 57.14%)
- Dizziness (4 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Tongue biting when taking Alcohol?
- Check symptoms - is tongue biting caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTongue biting and drugs with ingredients of alcohol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTongue biting and Alcohol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 7,141 users)
Tongue biting has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, epilepsy, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,535 Tongue biting patients).
Browse all side effects of Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Tongue bitingTongue biting
Could your condition cause Tongue bitingTongue biting
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
User reviews to the study
Biting my inner lips and tongues is ruining my ability to play French horn which is my main activity in retirement Ihave other manifestations of diabetic sensimotoer poly neuropathy, my docs have never heard of it and the endocrinologist also says no but I have st least 3 leasions active at any ...