Home > Alcohol > Water retention > Alcohol and Water retention
Review: could Alcohol cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is reported only by a few people who take Alcohol.
We study 5,667 people who have side effects while taking Alcohol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alcohol and have Water retention >>>
Alcohol (latest outcomes from 5,727 users) has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 17,802 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 5,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Alcohol. Among them, 2 people (0.04%) have Water Retention.
Time on Alcohol when people have Water retention * :
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Alcohol * :
|Water retention||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Alcohol * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Alcohol ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paracetamol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Zolpidem (1 people, 50.00%)
- Norvasc (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Alcohol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alcohol and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Alcohol
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Scars On Knees, and takes Alcohol)
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles accident..his behavior really change because from pain.and its breaking my heart to saw his changes especially how he treat her daughter.
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- I gave up alcohol 4 years ago..ever since i have had pmle really badly. any chance there is a link?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Polymorphic Light Eruption, and takes Alcohol)
I was a heavy drinker of alcohol and have travelled the world for years without suffering from PMLE. I am 43, 4 years ago I gave up alcohol. I have not drunk one drop of alcohol since. On my first foreign trip after quitting drink I suffered a severe bout of PMLE after being in the sun. I had never ...
- Can facial tics be caused by alcoholism
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Facial Tics, Stomping Foot On Ground While Sitting On Couch, Sticking Tongue Out Like A Snake, Jerking Head Back, Scrunching Of The Nose , and takes Alcohol)
My hubby will not admit he is a binge drinker and claims his facial tics have nothing to do with alcohol! He jerks his head back all the time and stuck his tongue out at one point or time like a snake and stomps his one foot while they are crossed on the ground. and constantly scrunches his nose up ...
More questions for: Alcohol, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
More reviews for: Alcohol, Water retention
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- A study of drug interactions between H.p. Acthar Gel, Methotrexate for a patient with Ra. The patient has Infusion Site Discomfort, Shortness Of Breath, No Urge To Urinate Just Leaks Out, Urinary Incontinence, Asthmatic Crisis, Abdominal Distention, Fluid Retention
Comments: My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Soma, Lortab for a patient with Ber, Weight Loss, Pain - Back, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Excessive Thirst, Leg Cramping, Back Pain - Low
Comments: always have back pain that is severe, but ive never hurt this bad. I am aware the dangers of meth and I need to quit and quitting is the only way to get better also any treatment for sores would be great please don't respond if only going to say "stop the meth" I know thanks in advance for your h ...
More related studies for: Alcohol, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.