Home > Aldomet > Thrombocytopenia > Aldomet and Thrombocytopenia
Review: could Aldomet cause Thrombocytopenia?
Summary: Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Aldomet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zocor, and have Hypertension.
We study 1,635 people who have side effects while taking Aldomet from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Thrombocytopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Thrombocytopenia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aldomet and have Thrombocytopenia >>>
Aldomet (latest outcomes from 1,663 users) has active ingredients of methyldopa. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) (latest reports from 57,565 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1,635 people reported to have side effects when taking Aldomet. Among them, 14 people (0.86%) have Thrombocytopenia.
Time on Aldomet when people have Thrombocytopenia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Aldomet * :
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Aldomet * :
Severity of Thrombocytopenia when taking Aldomet ** :
How people recovered from Thrombocytopenia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (1 people, 7.14%)
- Hiv infection (1 people, 7.14%)
- Gestational diabetes (1 people, 7.14%)
- Vertical infection transmission (1 people, 7.14%)
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (3 people, 21.43%)
- Aldactone (3 people, 21.43%)
- Ketoprofen (2 people, 14.29%)
- Primperan tab (2 people, 14.29%)
- Acetaminophen (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia while taking Aldomet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aldomet and have Thrombocytopenia
- support group for people who take Aldomet
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How often does thromboyctopenia occur?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Thrombocytopenia, and takes Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Flomax, Lisinopril, Coumadin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Colace)
73 year old patient with thrombocytopenia of unknown origin. He has failed Rituxin treatments and initial therapy with steroids has actually caused his platelets to lower. Requesting to see if his current medications may be the culprit.
- I am looking for anyone who has experienced body jerking and/or speech impairment while taking/withdrawing from methyldopa.
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Jerking, Speech Impairment, and takes Methyldopa)
I am experiencing intense whole body random jerking and speech impairment while taking and withdrawing from methyldopa. I hope to hear from anyone that also has jerking and is/has taken methyldopa.
- Can warfarin cause a low platelet count
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Low Platelet Count, High Testosterone Level, Difficulty Producing Sperm And Dry Mouth, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Digoxin, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
I have difficulty ejaculating sperm during sex. When this happens, which is becoming the norm, my mouth is also very low on saliva. Can the drugs I have listed be the cause?
More questions for: Aldomet, Thrombocytopenia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Aldomet, Thrombocytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Prednisolone, Vitamin E, Tegretol, Aspirin for a patient with Health, Abortion, Antioxidant Therapy, Epilepsy, Abortion Spontaneous. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Allergic Cough
Comments: The most annoying was cough and I keep coughing till I get birth with my litle dead girl cough is just gone
I was 24 weeks when she suddenly stopped moving and doctor said there is no pulse
now I am pregnant again with same symptoms
- A study of side effects of Dapsone for a patient with Urticaria Chronic. The patient has Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood), Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema (severe swelling can cause permanent damage to nerves, resulting in peripheral neuropathy), Methemoglobinemia - Acquired (induced a blood disorder in which an abnormal amount of methemoglobin), Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
Comments: Significant Lower extremity edema started after 3 doses of Dapsone 100 mg. NOS. Severe edema at 14 days. Lab results show drop in H&H with hemolysis evident. Day after stopping Dapsone onset of significant fatigue, activity intolerance, SOB and pallor. Methemoglobin level from ABG was 8. Platelets ...
- A study of drug interactions between Imdur, Mirtazapine, Marinol, Celexa, Protonix, Nucynta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Plavix, Gemzar for a patient with Cardiac Disorder, Lack Of Appetite, Mucositis, Depression Postoperative, Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage, Neuropathy Peripheral, Cardiovascular Disorder, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell. The patient has Thrombocytopenia
Comments: Patient is a heart patient who is also stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. Gemzar is 4th line chemo. He had 1st infusion 12 days ago. Platelets were at 118,000 before treatment. 5 days ago, platelets were at 37,000. Today, they were at 34,000.
Note: He also has a tunneled catheter that is ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lupron Depot, Flagyl, Percocet, Iron EDTA for a patient with Endometriosis, Pain - Joints, Pain, Thrombocytopenia. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Endometrioma
Comments: Surgery for removal of endometrioma from left groin was postponed due to platelet count being to low. Next came Lupron depot shot, then flagyl, then ferrous sulphate, and finally percocet today. Surgery was postponed on October 1st of this month.
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)
Comments: It was my Emergency Physician's decision, life threatening infection, due to multiple canine bites, and abscessed with ruptured, and protruding tissues.
It occurred in 2005, and the symptoms have worsened.
More related studies for: Aldomet, Thrombocytopenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Marijuana
- Nasal Congestion and Bipolar Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fluvoxamine Maleate
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (20 hours ago)
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
Answer: I seem to have exact the same simptoms as Klaus, I started ... (23 hours ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
Answer: In my experience, if a person takes Benadryl regularly the ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (11 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (19 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)