Home > Alendronate > Constipation > Alendronate and Constipation
Review: could Alendronate cause Constipation?
We study 17,584 people who have side effects while taking Alendronate from FDA and social media. Among them, 594 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Alendronate sodium and have Constipation >>>
Alendronate sodium (latest outcomes from 17,826 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 17,580 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium. Among them, 594 people (3.38%) have Constipation.
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Alendronate sodium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Alendronate sodium ** :
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (415 people, 69.87%)
- Osteopenia (244 people, 41.08%)
- Hypertension (72 people, 12.12%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (34 people, 5.72%)
- Prophylaxis (31 people, 5.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (469 people, 78.96%)
- Fosamax plus d (127 people, 21.38%)
- Omeprazole (56 people, 9.43%)
- Folic acid (54 people, 9.09%)
- Prednisone (46 people, 7.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Alendronate Sodium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alendronate sodium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Alendronate sodium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
Since having been diagnosed with osteoporsis, becoming very bent over due to not having the strength to hold up. Luckily no pain but concerned that the muscle weakness is making condition much worse. Age 91 but otherwise fit and strong spirit to live life. Concerned that muscles are becoming weaker de to mix of medications? Advice would be gratefully received-many thanks
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Alendronate sodium, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
More reviews for: Alendronate sodium, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Alendronate Sodium (alendronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Alendronate Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Alendronate Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (36 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Hair Loss
- Palmar Plantar Erythrodysaesthesia Syndrome
- Valley Fever