Home > Alendronate > Hair loss > Alendronate and Hair loss
Review: could Alendronate cause Hair loss?
We study 17,584 people who have side effects while taking Alendronate from FDA and social media. Among them, 226 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alendronate sodium and have Hair loss >>>
Alendronate sodium (latest outcomes from 17,826 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 17,580 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium. Among them, 226 people (1.29%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||4.29%||8.57%||24.29%||47.14%||15.71%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Alendronate sodium * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.47%||2.36%||42.92%||54.25% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Alendronate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (125 people, 55.31%)
- Osteopenia (56 people, 24.78%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (46 people, 20.35%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 7.52%)
- Hypothyroidism (13 people, 5.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (103 people, 45.58%)
- Prednisone (57 people, 25.22%)
- Humira (44 people, 19.47%)
- Omeprazole (26 people, 11.50%)
- Fosamax plus d (24 people, 10.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Alendronate Sodium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alendronate sodium and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Alendronate sodium
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Alendronate sodium, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
More reviews for: Alendronate sodium, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Alendronate Sodium (alendronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Alendronate Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Alendronate Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab
- Bromfed Dm