Review: could Alendronate sodium cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Alendronate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 17,588 people who have side effects while taking Alendronate sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 248 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Alendronate sodium and have Heart palpitations >>>
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 17,833 Alendronate sodium users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,177 Heart palpitations patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 17,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Alendronate sodium. Among them, 248 people (1.41%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Alendronate sodium when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||6.67%||15.15%||37.58%||37.58%||3.03%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Alendronate sodium * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.70%||0.00%||18.18%||30.77%||50.35% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Alendronate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (212 people, 85.48%)
- Osteopenia (151 people, 60.89%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 15.32%)
- Hypothyroidism (24 people, 9.68%)
- Essential hypertension (17 people, 6.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (219 people, 88.31%)
- Fosamax plus d (81 people, 32.66%)
- Synthroid (30 people, 12.10%)
- Boniva (29 people, 11.69%)
- Prednisone (26 people, 10.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of alendronate sodium and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Alendronate Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Alendronate sodium and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Alendronate sodium
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 22-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 32-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
Recent Alendronate sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alendronate Sodium, Risedronate Sodium, Ibandronate Sodium for a 74-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Post-menopausal
- Comparions of Ibandronate Sodium, Alendronate Sodium, Risedronate Sodium, Actonel for a 72-year old woman who has Osteoporosis
- Comparions of Boniva, Fosamax Plus D, Fosamax, Prolia for a 63-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Post-menopausal
- Comparions of Actonel, Fosamax, Prolia, Forteo for a 71-year old woman who has Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Comparions of Fosamax, Xgeva for a 46-year old woman who has Osteoporotic Fracture
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.