Review: could Aleve cause Burping (Belching)?
Summary: Burping is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Headache.
We study 19,244 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Burping. Find out below who they are, when they have Burping and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aleve and have Burping >>>
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 20,558 users)
Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Burping 5,848 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 19,243 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 39 people (0.20%) have Burping.
Time on Aleve when people have Burping * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Burping when taking Aleve * :
Age of people who have Burping when taking Aleve * :
Severity of Burping when taking Aleve ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Burping ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Headache (6 people, 15.38%)
- Sleep disorder (5 people, 12.82%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 7.69%)
- Pain (3 people, 7.69%)
- Sciatica (2 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (7 people, 17.95%)
- Mobic (5 people, 12.82%)
- Flexeril (5 people, 12.82%)
- Lortab (5 people, 12.82%)
- Advil (5 people, 12.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burping while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Burping
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Burping
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Cuts On Foreskin, Swollen Foreskin Around Penis, and takes Naproxen Sodium, Insulin)
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- If i have a tooth infection will it cause abnormal sleepiness
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Constant Sleepiness, and takes Aleve)
I believe I have a tooth infection from a poorly administrated temporary tooth put in before a crown can be put in few weeks. I am unusually sleepy and can nap for hours which is not like me at all. Could it be from the potential infection and poor dental work by the dental assistant causing this s ...
- Can i use ultram with aleve for tail born pain
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Tailbone Trauma, Pain Think I Realy Bruised Tailbone In A Fall I"m 80, and takes Tramadol, Aleve)
Dr. suggested Ultram for painful tailbone from fall I'm 80 year old female
ultram not working real good could I use aleve with it
- What pain pill is okay with xarelto?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Plantar Fasciitis, and takes Xarelto, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aleve)
What can I take for heel pain with Xarelto? I've taken Xarelto for almost a year, so can I skip the day I need to take Aleve for this. My Afib is controlled with meds and ablation last April.
- Can or cannot , take aleve for any pain?
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Cardiac Pacemaker Replacement, and takes Aleve)
can a person with a pacemaker take this drug for bursitis pain?
More questions for: Aleve, Burping
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Aleve and erythema multiforme
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Erythema Multiforme, and takes Aleve)
I started exercising (walking outside)and due to sore knees I started taking Aleve. Within days I developed blisters on my chest, back, face, and inside my mouth. Mouth blisters were severe enough that I could only consume liquids. After 7-10 days the blisters scabbed over. This occurred three t ...
More reviews for: Aleve, Burping
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Joint Pain, Depression. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Nasal Allergies, Pain - Joints. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a patient with Strains. The patient has Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body)
Comments: Ankles started swelling really bad in late march. Secretary..tried walkin more..no help..cut down on salt etc...no help...fell and sprained ankle march 7..did not go to dr...kept walking...new better...the sprain was manageable after week or so....then crap swelling !....help...dr gave torsamide whi ...
More related studies for: Aleve, Burping
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.