Home > Aleve > Edema > Aleve and Edema
Review: could Aleve cause Edema (Swelling)?
Summary: Edema is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 19,243 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 195 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aleve and have Edema >>>
Aleve (latest outcomes from 20,557 users) has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain.
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) (latest reports from 21,478 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 19,243 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 195 people (1.01%) have Edema.
Time on Aleve when people have Edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Aleve * :
Age of people who have Edema when taking Aleve * :
Severity of Edema when taking Aleve ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Edema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (38 people, 19.49%)
- Back pain (22 people, 11.28%)
- Neoplasm malignant (14 people, 7.18%)
- Depression (13 people, 6.67%)
- Pain in jaw (11 people, 5.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (38 people, 19.49%)
- Celexa (29 people, 14.87%)
- Klonopin (22 people, 11.28%)
- Peridex (22 people, 11.28%)
- Decadron (21 people, 10.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Edema
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Edema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Cuts On Foreskin, Swollen Foreskin Around Penis, and takes Naproxen Sodium, Insulin)
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- If i have a tooth infection will it cause abnormal sleepiness (1 answer)
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Constant Sleepiness, and takes Aleve)
I believe I have a tooth infection from a poorly administrated temporary tooth put in before a crown can be put in few weeks. I am unusually sleepy and can nap for hours which is not like me at all. Could it be from the potential infection and poor dental work by the dental assistant causing this s ...
- Can i use ultram with aleve for tail born pain
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Tailbone Trauma, Pain Think I Realy Bruised Tailbone In A Fall I"m 80, and takes Tramadol, Aleve)
Dr. suggested Ultram for painful tailbone from fall I'm 80 year old female
ultram not working real good could I use aleve with it
- What pain pill is okay with xarelto? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Plantar Fasciitis, and takes Xarelto, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aleve)
What can I take for heel pain with Xarelto? I've taken Xarelto for almost a year, so can I skip the day I need to take Aleve for this. My Afib is controlled with meds and ablation last April.
- Can or cannot , take aleve for any pain?
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Cardiac Pacemaker Replacement, and takes Aleve)
can a person with a pacemaker take this drug for bursitis pain?
More questions for: Aleve, Edema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Aleve and erythema multiforme
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Erythema Multiforme, and takes Aleve)
I started exercising (walking outside)and due to sore knees I started taking Aleve. Within days I developed blisters on my chest, back, face, and inside my mouth. Mouth blisters were severe enough that I could only consume liquids. After 7-10 days the blisters scabbed over. This occurred three t ...
More reviews for: Aleve, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Joint Pain, Depression. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Nasal Allergies, Pain - Joints. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Aleve, Edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.