Could Aleve cause Edema - from FDA reports
Edema is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain . We study 32,703 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA. Among them, 232 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 39,589 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 40,501 Edema patients).
On Nov, 28, 2016
32,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve.
Among them, 232 people (0.71%) have Edema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aleve when people have Edema *:
- < 1 month: 70.59 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.53 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.94 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.94 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Aleve *:
- female: 71.37 %
- male: 28.63 %
Age of people who have Edema when taking Aleve *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.42 %
- 20-29: 4.42 %
- 30-39: 8.29 %
- 40-49: 27.62 %
- 50-59: 17.13 %
- 60+: 38.12 %
Severity of Edema **:
- least: 25 %
- moderate: 50 %
- severe: 25 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (25 people, 10.78%)
- Fish Oil (20 people, 8.62%)
- Tylenol (19 people, 8.19%)
- Celexa (18 people, 7.76%)
- Lexapro (16 people, 6.90%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Aleve, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Back Pain (24 people, 10.34%)
- Neoplasm Malignant (15 people, 6.47%)
- Depression (15 people, 6.47%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 people, 6.03%)
- Joint Pain (12 people, 5.17%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Rashes (78 people, 33.62%)
- Hypersensitivity (50 people, 21.55%)
- Itching (49 people, 21.12%)
- Swelling Face (45 people, 19.40%)
- Breathing Difficulty (45 people, 19.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema when taking Aleve?
- Check symptoms - is edema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Alevea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EdemaEdema
Could your condition cause EdemaEdema
Can you answer these questions?
I broke my hip top of thigh area had surgery with metal plate and two bolts but not a hip replacement 2 years ago. I take Diltiazem for high blood pressure . Can I take Aleve daily with the diltiazem to relieve arthritis in knee and pain where hip surgery took place
You may be interested in these reviews
I've been taking Benicar for several years. In the past year, I have been having significant edema in my feet and lower legs. I haven't mentioned any correlation between Benicar and the edema with my physician. I have seen my physician for the edema and had a few tests to check for blood clots , ...
I have been taking adderall for three years (30 mg/3x day). I've had some fairly atypical side effects. I am much less on edge, sleep better, blood pressure stays low. All those positives are erased when I don't take it. The negatives are weight gain and perhaps lower leg edema - especially ...