Aleve and Edema - from FDA reports
Edema is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Edema with Aleve. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,252 people who have side effects when taking Aleve from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
42,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve.
Among them, 280 people (0.66%) have Edema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aleve when people have Edema *:
- < 1 month: 84.62 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Aleve *:
- female: 72.96 %
- male: 27.04 %
Age of people who have Edema when taking Aleve *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.27 %
- 20-29: 3.79 %
- 30-39: 8.06 %
- 40-49: 26.07 %
- 50-59: 19.43 %
- 60+: 38.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Back Pain (29 people, 10.36%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (16 people, 5.71%)
- Neoplasm Malignant (16 people, 5.71%)
- Depression (16 people, 5.71%)
- Metastases To Bone (12 people, 4.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (33 people, 11.79%)
- Tylenol (22 people, 7.86%)
- Fish Oil (22 people, 7.86%)
- Celexa (21 people, 7.50%)
- Vicodin (18 people, 6.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (89 people, 31.79%)
- Hypersensitivity (56 people, 20.00%)
- Itching (54 people, 19.29%)
- Breathing Difficulty (54 people, 19.29%)
- Swelling Face (53 people, 18.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Edema when taking Aleve?
- Check symptoms - is edema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEdema and drugs with ingredients of naproxen sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEdema and Aleve from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 44,137 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,856 Edema patients).
Browse all side effects of Alevea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EdemaEdema
Could your condition cause EdemaEdema
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I broke my hip top of thigh area had surgery with metal plate and two bolts but not a hip replacement 2 years ago. I take Diltiazem for high blood pressure . Can I take Aleve daily with the diltiazem to relieve arthritis in knee and pain where hip surgery took place
User reviews to the study
if you stop taking this drug...will the hair grow back? I have been taking Aleve PM for better sleep I did not know about the hair loss...but I have lost a significant amount of hair and I am freaking out.... I will stop taking this immediately but want to know if my hair will be restored!!!
My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...
Have experienced substantial light sensitivity after taking turmeric for several weeks followed by Aleve one time. Does anyone know whether it's the Aleve, the turmeric, or the combination? Also, how long does it take for the effect to subside? I have not taken either for five days, but the ...