Aleve and Gingivitis - from FDA reports
Gingivitis is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Gingivitis with Aleve. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,252 people who have side effects when taking Aleve from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 30, 2017
42,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve.
Among them, 37 people (0.09%) have Gingivitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gingivitis when taking Aleve *:
- female: 89.19 %
- male: 10.81 %
Age of people who have Gingivitis when taking Aleve *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 10.81 %
- 40-49: 2.7 %
- 50-59: 13.51 %
- 60+: 70.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (26 people, 70.27%)
- Stress And Anxiety (19 people, 51.35%)
- Breast Cancer (7 people, 18.92%)
- Cystitis Interstitial (6 people, 16.22%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (6 people, 16.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (29 people, 78.38%)
- Femara (26 people, 70.27%)
- Aredia (26 people, 70.27%)
- Effexor (25 people, 67.57%)
- Amoxicillin (23 people, 62.16%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (30 people, 81.08%)
- Urination - Painful (28 people, 75.68%)
- Rashes (28 people, 75.68%)
- Primary Sequestrum (27 people, 72.97%)
- Osteomyelitis (26 people, 70.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gingivitis when taking Aleve?
- Check symptoms - is gingivitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGingivitis and drugs with ingredients of naproxen sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGingivitis and Aleve from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 44,137 users)
Gingivitis (inflammation of gums) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 5,763 Gingivitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Alevea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GingivitisGingivitis
Could your condition cause GingivitisGingivitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I broke my hip top of thigh area had surgery with metal plate and two bolts but not a hip replacement 2 years ago. I take Diltiazem for high blood pressure . Can I take Aleve daily with the diltiazem to relieve arthritis in knee and pain where hip surgery took place
ive been taking aleve for pain cause of a bad knee. the last couple of wks ive been getting facial pain, i thought it might be my allergies at first or maybe i needed to see a dentist. but when i looked it up online about side effects from aleve it gave facial pain as one of them, thats when it ...
User reviews to the study
if you stop taking this drug...will the hair grow back? I have been taking Aleve PM for better sleep I did not know about the hair loss...but I have lost a significant amount of hair and I am freaking out.... I will stop taking this immediately but want to know if my hair will be restored!!!
Have experienced substantial light sensitivity after taking turmeric for several weeks followed by Aleve one time. Does anyone know whether it's the Aleve, the turmeric, or the combination? Also, how long does it take for the effect to subside? I have not taken either for five days, but the ...