Review: could Aleve cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Headache.
We study 19,244 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 918 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aleve and have Headache >>>
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 20,558 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headache 199,069 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 19,243 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 918 people (4.77%) have Headache.
Time on Aleve when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Aleve * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Aleve * :
Severity of Headache when taking Aleve ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Headache (224 people, 24.40%)
- Multiple sclerosis (60 people, 6.54%)
- Pain (50 people, 5.45%)
- Arthritis (50 people, 5.45%)
- Hypertension (49 people, 5.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (122 people, 13.29%)
- Vioxx (70 people, 7.63%)
- Advil (68 people, 7.41%)
- Vitamin d (66 people, 7.19%)
- Ibuprofen (65 people, 7.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Headache
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Headache, and takes Depo-provera)
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Cuts On Foreskin, Swollen Foreskin Around Penis, and takes Naproxen Sodium, Insulin)
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating more alkaline foods, alkalizing my water, and avoiding really acidic foods. Stopped taking my acid reducers because they actually KEPT me more acidic. I noticed that when my body's pH was up (alkaline) the pain was tolerable but when it began to drop (acid) the pain kicked up again. My doctors say they don't necessarily think it's pancreatitis because the ultrasound doesn't show inflammation & my blood test numbers are only slightly elevated. My liver enzymes are also slightly elevated. The doctors don't Seem very concerned. Today, for the first time in 2 months since this whole thing started I noticed I'm jaundiced. What the heck is this?
More questions for: Aleve, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Headaches, and takes Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and this made me very unwell, causing me fatigue which would last for a few days. I'm still searching for help.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Aleve, Headache
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
More related studies for: Aleve, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.