Review: could Aleve cause Macular degeneration?
Summary: Macular degeneration is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Prostate cancer metastatic.
We study 19,254 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Macular degeneration. Find out below who they are, when they have Macular degeneration and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aleve and have Macular degeneration >>>
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 20,570 Aleve users)
Macular degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 10,889 Macular degeneration patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 19,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 15 people (0.08%) have Macular Degeneration.
Time on Aleve when people have Macular degeneration * :
Gender of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Aleve * :
|Macular degeneration||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Aleve * :
|Macular degeneration||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||92.86% |
Severity of Macular degeneration when taking Aleve ** :
How people recovered from Macular degeneration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer metastatic (7 people, 46.67%)
- Bladder disorder (2 people, 13.33%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 13.33%)
- Contraception (1 people, 6.67%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (12 people, 80.00%)
- Uroxatral (10 people, 66.67%)
- Flomax (9 people, 60.00%)
- Cardizem (9 people, 60.00%)
- Spiriva (9 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aleve and macular degeneration on
Do you have Macular Degeneration while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Macular Degeneration
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Macular Degeneration
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a 60-year old man with Elbow Pain. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a 59-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Kidney Infection
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a 20-year old man with Headache. The patient has Canker Sores And Fever Blisters
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Anaprox, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Endometriosis, Heart Rate Irregular. The patient has Rotator Cuff Pain, Left Shoulder
Recent Aleve related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.