Review: could Aleve cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 19,244 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 634 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aleve and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Aleve 20,558 users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Nausea and vomiting 141,518 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 19,243 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 634 people (3.29%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Aleve when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||73.20%||14.43%||2.06%||1.03%||2.06%||4.12%||3.09% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Aleve * :
|Nausea and vomiting||74.78%||25.22% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Aleve * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.33%||9.82%||12.48%||10.32%||16.97%||18.64%||31.45% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Aleve ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||83.33%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (68 people, 10.73%)
- Arthralgia (46 people, 7.26%)
- Multiple sclerosis (37 people, 5.84%)
- Headache (37 people, 5.84%)
- Back pain (33 people, 5.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (98 people, 15.46%)
- Zometa (60 people, 9.46%)
- Lisinopril (58 people, 9.15%)
- Prevacid (52 people, 8.20%)
- Coumadin (51 people, 8.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is making me very thirsty. So i try to drink and my body rejects it over and over again.. this goes on for hours (3-5)because i am sooo thirsty that I can not stop drinking.
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar (1 answer)
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience dry heaves attacks. Nausea and vomiting is a side effect of Lamicta in a very small percentage of people. Has anybody suffer nausea and vomiting after taking Lamictal for a log period of time but not in the beginning?
Sorry about the English. English is my second language Thank you
- If i have a tooth infection will it cause abnormal sleepiness (1 answer)
I believe I have a tooth infection from a poorly administrated temporary tooth put in before a crown can be put in few weeks. I am unusually sleepy and can nap for hours which is not like me at all. Could it be from the potential infection and poor dental work by the dental assistant causing this sleepiness?.
More questions for: Aleve, Nausea and vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s instructions. I have three weeks total left and still have the nausea and vomiting but hopeful that these will start to go away soon. Anyone else who has weaned off of it- how long until your symptoms subsided?
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my food, anything fresh out of microwave. Now I smell it in my bowel movement. I called Doctor earlier in week reported. He wants to wait about a week and call back if persists. I am a diabetic and first few days this helped. Doctor reduced my insulin and got me off glimepiride and my Sugar readings have been higher since such as 175-200. This is my only medicine change close to time period. Please respond with help or if you experience similar problems.
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincident with the rash, I have a persistent ache/pain in my lower forearm, wrist and hand that is responding weakly to Aleve and pretty much unresponsive to acetaminophen.
- Aleve and erythema multiforme
I started exercising (walking outside)and due to sore knees I started taking Aleve. Within days I developed blisters on my chest, back, face, and inside my mouth. Mouth blisters were severe enough that I could only consume liquids. After 7-10 days the blisters scabbed over. This occurred three times within a two month period, the last time I had blisters around my eyes with physician concern of eye involvement but it did not happen. During the second round I went to a dermatologist and he determined that I had Erythema Multiforme and the cause was either a strep throat or Aleve. A second opinion determined it was Aleve partly because strep throat is not normally associated with EM. I have stopped taking Aleve and am EM free for 15 months.
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
More reviews for: Aleve, Nausea and vomiting
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
More related studies for: Aleve, Nausea and vomiting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.