Review: could Aleve cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 19,252 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 792 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aleve and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Aleve has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 20,567 Aleve users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,488 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 19,250 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 634 people (3.29%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Aleve when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||73.20%||14.43%||2.06%||1.03%||2.06%||4.12%||3.09% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Aleve * :
|Nausea and vomiting||74.78%||25.22% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Aleve * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.33%||9.82%||12.48%||10.32%||16.97%||18.64%||31.45% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Aleve ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||83.33%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (68 people, 10.73%)
- Arthralgia (46 people, 7.26%)
- Multiple sclerosis (37 people, 5.84%)
- Headache (37 people, 5.84%)
- Back pain (33 people, 5.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (98 people, 15.46%)
- Zometa (60 people, 9.46%)
- Lisinopril (58 people, 9.15%)
- Prevacid (52 people, 8.20%)
- Coumadin (51 people, 8.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aleve and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Aleve for a 20-year old man with Headache. The patient has Canker Sores And Fever Blisters (disorders of the mouth canker sore inside and blister outside of mouth)
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
Recent Aleve related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.