Home > Aleve > Psoriatic arthropathy > Aleve and Psoriatic arthropathy
Review: could Aleve cause Psoriatic arthropathy?
Summary: Psoriatic arthropathy is found among people who take Aleve, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Psoriatic arthropathy.
We study 19,243 people who have side effects while taking Aleve from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Psoriatic arthropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Psoriatic arthropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aleve and have Psoriatic arthropathy >>>
Aleve (latest outcomes from 20,557 users) has active ingredients of naproxen sodium. It is often used in pain.
Psoriatic arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop) (latest reports from 44,113 patients) has been reported by people with psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 19,240 people reported to have side effects when taking Aleve. Among them, 14 people (0.07%) have Psoriatic Arthropathy.
Time on Aleve when people have Psoriatic arthropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Psoriatic arthropathy||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Psoriatic arthropathy when taking Aleve * :
|Psoriatic arthropathy||35.71%||64.29% |
Age of people who have Psoriatic arthropathy when taking Aleve * :
|Psoriatic arthropathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||87.50%||0.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Psoriatic arthropathy when taking Aleve ** :
How people recovered from Psoriatic arthropathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psoriatic arthropathy (7 people, 50.00%)
- Psoriasis (6 people, 42.86%)
- Pain (2 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (1 people, 7.14%)
- Hypersensitivity (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Enbrel (6 people, 42.86%)
- Advil (2 people, 14.29%)
- Lodine (2 people, 14.29%)
- Humira (2 people, 14.29%)
- Benadryl (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriatic Arthropathy while taking Aleve?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aleve and have Psoriatic Arthropathy
- support group for people who take Aleve
- support group for people who have Psoriatic Arthropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Cuts On Foreskin, Swollen Foreskin Around Penis, and takes Naproxen Sodium, Insulin)
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- If i have a tooth infection will it cause abnormal sleepiness
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Constant Sleepiness, and takes Aleve)
I believe I have a tooth infection from a poorly administrated temporary tooth put in before a crown can be put in few weeks. I am unusually sleepy and can nap for hours which is not like me at all. Could it be from the potential infection and poor dental work by the dental assistant causing this s ...
- Can i use ultram with aleve for tail born pain
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Tailbone Trauma, Pain Think I Realy Bruised Tailbone In A Fall I"m 80, and takes Tramadol, Aleve)
Dr. suggested Ultram for painful tailbone from fall I'm 80 year old female
ultram not working real good could I use aleve with it
- What pain pill is okay with xarelto?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, Plantar Fasciitis, and takes Xarelto, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aleve)
What can I take for heel pain with Xarelto? I've taken Xarelto for almost a year, so can I skip the day I need to take Aleve for this. My Afib is controlled with meds and ablation last April.
- Can or cannot , take aleve for any pain?
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Cardiac Pacemaker Replacement, and takes Aleve)
can a person with a pacemaker take this drug for bursitis pain?
More questions for: Aleve, Psoriatic arthropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Aleve and erythema multiforme
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Erythema Multiforme, and takes Aleve)
I started exercising (walking outside)and due to sore knees I started taking Aleve. Within days I developed blisters on my chest, back, face, and inside my mouth. Mouth blisters were severe enough that I could only consume liquids. After 7-10 days the blisters scabbed over. This occurred three t ...
More reviews for: Aleve, Psoriatic arthropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Joint Pain, Depression. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Nasal Allergies, Pain - Joints. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Ibuprofen for a patient with Cramps - Menstrual. The patient has Splinter Hemorrhages
Comments: It's like a small dark line underneath nails it's on 4 of my nails
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium, Singulair, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Hypertension. The patient has Implant Site Bruising
Comments: I am having bruising that I do not recall how or when I receive them. Sometimes I bruise just from someone grabbing me lightly.
- A study of drug interactions between Valerian, Melatonin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Sudafed, Xanax for a patient with Insomnia, Pain - Back, Backaches And Stress, Headache, Sinusitis Chronic, Anxiety. The patient has Ankle Swelling
Comments: I'm having oral surgery in a couple of days & dentist gave me xanax to take for the anxiety. I tried one pill Friday night to see how it would affect me & noticed the swelling Saturday
More related studies for: Aleve, Psoriatic arthropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nortriptyline and Xanax
- Mucinex Dm and Bystolic
- Heart Palpitations and Excedrin
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (12 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (18 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Indomethacin for a 30-year old woman who has Pleurisy (1 hour ago)
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (2 hours ago)