Allegra and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xolair, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Allegra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,696 people who have side effects when taking Allegra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
42,696 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 341 people (0.8%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allegra when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra *:
- female: 78.9 %
- male: 21.1 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.49 %
- 10-19: 2.71 %
- 20-29: 7.75 %
- 30-39: 15.5 %
- 40-49: 32.56 %
- 50-59: 24.42 %
- 60+: 13.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (99 people, 29.03%)
- Hypersensitivity (46 people, 13.49%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (33 people, 9.68%)
- Urticaria (21 people, 6.16%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 5.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xolair (103 people, 30.21%)
- Singulair (83 people, 24.34%)
- Albuterol (46 people, 13.49%)
- Zyrtec (45 people, 13.20%)
- Flonase (38 people, 11.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urticaria (50 people, 14.66%)
- Rashes (47 people, 13.78%)
- Breathing Difficulty (43 people, 12.61%)
- Chest Pain (31 people, 9.09%)
- Asthma (31 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra?
- Check symptoms - is anaphylaxis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAnaphylaxis and drugs with ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAnaphylaxis and Allegra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,468 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 44,955 Anaphylaxis patients).
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
Could your condition cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I took Avelox and within about 15 minutes went into anaphylactic shock. I first had itchy, burning eyes and went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were so red I looked like the devil! At that point my arms and legs were itching and I noticed they were very swollen. I ...
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
After anaphylaxis 9 months ago, have lost most of my teeth by decay at root and crowns fracturing off. Im 67 and poor with no dental ins. Cannot eat, constant fever and swollen glands. My dental health was good prior to respiratory arrest and life support. Any help out there?
I am a 60 year old male with COPD and had Atrial fib until the ablation 3 months ago. Immediately after the ablation, I felt like Superman with no arrhythmia and very moderate COPD that was stable. This past month, I developed Atrial flutter, the 3 medicines they have attempted with me; ...
User reviews to the study
Ive been taking Naproxen on and off for arthritis since Oct 14. Had my first mini shock in July 15. The last really bad shock was end of March 17. Ive now stopped taking it as was suspecting Naproxen was the cause. How long will it take to leave my system, if at all? Now on Fexofenedine for ...
I had a uti and was prescribed macrobid and upon taking my second pill I had an anaphylactic reaction. My tongue, throat and face swelled, I had extreme itching in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I went to the ER.
Wondering if this affect can happen after one use? I was given Allegra and a saline nasal solution (deep sea) for my blocked sinuses due to a bad cold. From what I've read, most people who lose taste on Allegra have taken it a month or more. Is it possible with just one 180mg capsule?