Could Allegra cause Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xolair, and have Asthma . We study 39,866 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA. Among them, 321 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 41,515 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 41,102 Anaphylaxis patients).
On Dec, 22, 2016
39,866 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 321 people (0.81%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allegra when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 76.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.23 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.85 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra *:
- female: 78.25 %
- male: 21.75 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.72 %
- 10-19: 2.89 %
- 20-29: 7.85 %
- 30-39: 15.29 %
- 40-49: 33.88 %
- 50-59: 23.14 %
- 60+: 13.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (97 people, 30.22%)
- Hypersensitivity (43 people, 13.40%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (32 people, 9.97%)
- Allergic Rhinitis (31 people, 9.66%)
- Urticaria (19 people, 5.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xolair (97 people, 30.22%)
- Singulair (79 people, 24.61%)
- Albuterol (46 people, 14.33%)
- Zyrtec (43 people, 13.40%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (37 people, 11.53%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urticaria (45 people, 14.02%)
- Rashes (42 people, 13.08%)
- Breathing Difficulty (40 people, 12.46%)
- Chest Pain (31 people, 9.66%)
- Asthma (29 people, 9.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra?
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
Could your condition cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
After anaphylaxis 9 months ago, have lost most of my teeth by decay at root and crowns fracturing off. Im 67 and poor with no dental ins. Cannot eat, constant fever and swollen glands. My dental health was good prior to respiratory arrest and life support. Any help out there?
I am a 60 year old male with COPD and had Atrial fib until the ablation 3 months ago. Immediately after the ablation, I felt like Superman with no arrhythmia and very moderate COPD that was stable. This past month, I developed Atrial flutter, the 3 medicines they have attempted with me; ...
I have been diagnosed with idiopathic anaphylaxis. Each time I had anaphylaxis and anaphylactic shock, I took pantoprazole for acid reflux. My doctor says that he doubts this is the cause as my symptoms are delayed...usually about 4-6 hrs. Has anyone experienced that type of a severe delayed ...
You may be interested in these reviews
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I found out that Allegra was causing me to be lactose intolerant. The medication was blocking my bile from being released from my gallbladder. This may be the cause of my low vitamin D and diarrhea. Vitamin D is fat soluble and bile breaks it down so that you can digest it.
Hi I have been taking Paxil since 2001 and started taking Allegra when I moved to the US in 2003. In the last 2 years my depression and anxiety has worsen and resulted in 3 hospitaliztions. In the last one the switched me to Zirtec. I was having also very high WBC with respiratory issues that ...
Hi....my entire head & neck are swollen from the inside& I only took half my first dose...feeling scared as only ice cream seems to alleviate the symptoms 28th temporary brain freeze.I 've been to clinic 6 hours for the shot that's supposed to counteract it...thinking about still going 2 ER😞