Could Allegra cause Dependence - from FDA reports
Dependence is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Ambien, and have Depression . We study 39,866 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA. Among them, 16 have Dependence. Find out below who they are, when they have Dependence and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 41,515 users)
Dependence has been reported by people with migraine, quit smoking, depression, pain, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 5,359 Dependence patients).
On Jan, 07, 2017
39,866 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 16 people (0.04%) have Dependence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dependence when taking Allegra *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Dependence when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 55.56 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 11.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (6 people, 37.50%)
- Depression (6 people, 37.50%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (5 people, 31.25%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 31.25%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 31.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (11 people, 68.75%)
- Paxil (8 people, 50.00%)
- Wellbutrin (7 people, 43.75%)
- Atenolol (7 people, 43.75%)
- Albuterol (6 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (12 people, 75.00%)
- Memory Loss (9 people, 56.25%)
- Sleep Walking (8 people, 50.00%)
- Fatigue (8 people, 50.00%)
- Eating Disorder (8 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dependence when taking Allegra?
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DependenceDependence
Could your condition cause DependenceDependence
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I am a 60 year old male with COPD and had Atrial fib until the ablation 3 months ago. Immediately after the ablation, I felt like Superman with no arrhythmia and very moderate COPD that was stable. This past month, I developed Atrial flutter, the 3 medicines they have attempted with me; ...
You may be interested in these reviews
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I found out that Allegra was causing me to be lactose intolerant. The medication was blocking my bile from being released from my gallbladder. This may be the cause of my low vitamin D and diarrhea. Vitamin D is fat soluble and bile breaks it down so that you can digest it.
Hi I have been taking Paxil since 2001 and started taking Allegra when I moved to the US in 2003. In the last 2 years my depression and anxiety has worsen and resulted in 3 hospitaliztions. In the last one the switched me to Zirtec. I was having also very high WBC with respiratory issues that ...
I am a female. I am 60+ and very active. I still lift weights and ride my bike. I do not eat red meats, mostly because they make my stomach hurt. I am very health conscious and eat low carb and stay between 1875 and 2000 calories daily. With all this, I could not understand my hair loss. I had a ...
I have ceborreic dermatis and I have being diagnose with chronic hives condition and dr told me to take Allegra do u guys think that will aggravate my ceborreic dermarttis ? I already lost half of my hair because of the ceborreic dermatitis .