Allegra and Dependence - from FDA reports
Dependence is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Ambien, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dependence with Allegra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,696 people who have side effects when taking Allegra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 02, 2017
42,696 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 16 people (0.04%) have Dependence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dependence when taking Allegra *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Dependence when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 55.56 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 11.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (6 people, 37.50%)
- Depression (6 people, 37.50%)
- Sinusitis (5 people, 31.25%)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (5 people, 31.25%)
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (5 people, 31.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (11 people, 68.75%)
- Paxil (8 people, 50.00%)
- Wellbutrin (7 people, 43.75%)
- Atenolol (7 people, 43.75%)
- Nexium (6 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (12 people, 75.00%)
- Memory Loss (9 people, 56.25%)
- Sleep Walking (8 people, 50.00%)
- Fatigue (8 people, 50.00%)
- Eating Disorder (8 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dependence when taking Allegra?
- Check symptoms - is dependence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDependence and drugs with ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDependence and Allegra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,468 users)
Dependence has been reported by people with migraine, quit smoking, depression, pain, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 5,572 Dependence patients).
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DependenceDependence
Could your condition cause DependenceDependence
What would happen?
Questions to the study
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I am a 60 year old male with COPD and had Atrial fib until the ablation 3 months ago. Immediately after the ablation, I felt like Superman with no arrhythmia and very moderate COPD that was stable. This past month, I developed Atrial flutter, the 3 medicines they have attempted with me; ...
User reviews to the study
Wondering if this affect can happen after one use? I was given Allegra and a saline nasal solution (deep sea) for my blocked sinuses due to a bad cold. From what I've read, most people who lose taste on Allegra have taken it a month or more. Is it possible with just one 180mg capsule?
45-yr old male, lives in middle-TN where "allergy season" has high impact on most people. I am 20 years in the food industry and an amateur "foodie". I suspected last year that Allegra was affecting my taste but couldn't prove it. This year I noted exactly the date I took my 1st pill of the ...
I am stopping Allegra today to see if it helps in alleviating my RLS. I am also starting a low FODMOP diet, gluten free etc..as the studies are finding a definite correlation. Starting higher doses of organic turmeric as well. I refuse to go on Mirapex or Neurontin as prescribed by my GP. ...