Review: could Allegra cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: Elevated liver enzymes is reported only by a few people who take Allegra.
We study 22,815 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Elevated liver enzymes. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allegra and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 23,865 Allegra users)
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 303 Elevated liver enzymes patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 22,815 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Elevated Liver Enzymes.
Time on Allegra when people have Elevated liver enzymes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Allegra * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Allegra * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Elevated liver enzymes when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Elevated liver enzymes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acid reflux (1 people, 50.00%)
- High blood sugar (1 people, 50.00%)
- Stress (1 people, 50.00%)
- Gout (1 people, 50.00%)
- Allergy to plants (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tizanidine hydrochloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Metformin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lyrica (1 people, 50.00%)
- Cefprozil (1 people, 50.00%)
- Allopurinol (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allegra and elevated liver enzymes on
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Allegra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Allegra and have Elevated Liver Enzymes
- support group for people who take Allegra
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a 64-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
- A study of side effects of Allegra for a 22-year old woman with Urticaria Chronic. The patient has Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Weight Gain
Recent Allegra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.