Review: could Allegra cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Pain.
We study 22,817 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allegra and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 23,865 Allegra users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 19,207 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 22,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 65 people (0.28%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Allegra when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||8.33%||0.00%||25.00%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Allegra * :
|Heartburn - chronic||74.60%||25.40% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Allegra * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||1.69%||3.39%||5.08%||20.34%||11.86%||57.63% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 12.31%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 10.77%)
- Eczema (6 people, 9.23%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 9.23%)
- Hypersensitivity (5 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (16 people, 24.62%)
- Vioxx (13 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 16.92%)
- Levaquin (9 people, 13.85%)
- Ambien (9 people, 13.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allegra and heartburn - chronic on
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Allegra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Allegra and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Allegra
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Aciphex, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59 for a 16-year old girl with Reflux Gastritis, Iron Deficiency. The patient has Eczema Nummular, Cold Intolerance, Hyposomnia, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lamictal, Abilify for a 56-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Belching, Swallowing Difficulty, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a 35-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Recent Allegra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.