Review: could Allegra cause Lightheadedness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 21,910 people who take Allegra. Among them, 1,355 have Lightheadedness. See who they are, when they have Lightheadedness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Allegra (latest outcomes from 23,796 users) has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies, allergic sinusitis. Commonly reported side effects of Allegra include nausea aggravated, nausea, dyspnoea exacerbated, breathing difficulty, fatigue.
Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint) (latest reports from 1,269,606 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 21,910 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 1,355 people (6.18%) have Lightheadedness.
Time on Allegra when people have Lightheadedness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Lightheadedness when taking Allegra * :
Age of people who have Lightheadedness when taking Allegra * :
Severity of Lightheadedness when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Lightheadedness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (157 people, 11.59%)
- Hypertension (150 people, 11.07%)
- Hypersensitivity (134 people, 9.89%)
- Osteoporosis (121 people, 8.93%)
- Arthritis (110 people, 8.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (294 people, 21.70%)
- Lipitor (243 people, 17.93%)
- Vioxx (237 people, 17.49%)
- Nexium (227 people, 16.75%)
- Paxil (199 people, 14.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Allegra, Lightheadedness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Allegra (fexofenadine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Allegra is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Allegra used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Allegra side effects from A to Z:
Browse Allegra drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
For the past few months I have been craving sweets and getting up at night to eat. It's like some filter of block has been removed and I eat whatever with no discretion or moderation. Doesn't happen every night. I know I am stressed due to family deaths and recently moving. I had previously lost 60 lbs & have gained 10 back
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Allegra, Lightheadedness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Allegra, Lightheadedness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Warfarin Sodium, Vitamin B12, Selenium, Zinc Sulfate, Biotin, Folate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Multivitamin, Emsam, Lamictal, Ativan, Buspar, Surmontil, Lipitor, Lunesta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix, Prilosec Otc, Flovent Hfa, Singulair, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a patient with Colitis, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hair Loss, Vitamin D Decreased, General Physical Condition, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Depression, Hypercalcaemia, Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Allergies. The patient has Dizziness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Coreg Cr, Zetia, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Avodart, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Enlarged Prostate, Allergy Prophylaxis. The patient has Lightheadedness (Dizziness)
More related studies for: Allegra, Lightheadedness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.