Review: could Allegra cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression.
We study 22,805 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Allegra and have Muscle twitching >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 23,856 users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Muscle twitching 10,751 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 22,805 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 105 people (0.46%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Allegra when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||57.14%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allegra * :
|Muscle twitching||69.77%||30.23% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allegra * :
|Muscle twitching||1.37%||2.74%||10.96%||1.37%||21.92%||19.18%||20.55%||21.92% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (27 people, 25.71%)
- Muscle spasms (20 people, 19.05%)
- Nausea (19 people, 18.10%)
- Sleep disorder (19 people, 18.10%)
- Hypercalcaemia (19 people, 18.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (34 people, 32.38%)
- Nexium (28 people, 26.67%)
- Ibuprofen (25 people, 23.81%)
- Ativan (25 people, 23.81%)
- Lipitor (25 people, 23.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Allegra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allegra and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Allegra
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my symptoms do not follow the symptoms of MS or any similar problem and it should most likely be anxiety. She put me on Lexapro and Clonazepam. At first I was very hesitant to take medication but as my symptoms got worse I decided to give it a try. I was on Lexopro 5 mg for about two months and then I went to 10 mg, and I would take 1 or 2 Clonazepam a day. And this all started 5 months ago. And things seemed to be working just fine.Until about two months ago I started having this freaking annoying eye twitch on my upper left eyelid. I have had eye twitches before but they always go away after a couple of days or a week top. This one has been lasting for 2 months now and seems to be just getting worse. I went to the GP and my eye doctor and they still found no cause and said it's probably stress and anxiety. I have not been overly stressed and I get plenty of sleep, 10 hrs or more! and I stopped taking caffeine and alcohol after the twitch started. Any idea? Could it be because of medication? I also need to add I have had thumb twitching and severe spasms in my muscles around my right thumb starting in May (before taking any medication).
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Ive been taking fexofenadine hydrochloride for a allergic reaction to hair dye. since ive been taking these tablets ive got a mouth ulcer and i am just enquiring if this is due to the tablet
I recently used loreal hair dye which had henna in the ingredient, ive had an allergic reaction to this and i was but on fexofenadine hydrochloride 120 mg tablets. since ive been taking these a mouth ulcer under my tooth has appeared and don't know if it is due to these tablets because it has never happened before.
thanks in advance
More questions for: Allegra, Muscle twitching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Paxil side effect of a monior
my daughter 14 years old had some problems with dizziness. the doctor felt it was due to anxiety. so he gave her paroxetine. she started the medication and she complain that head hurt . she took it for three weeks and on fourth week she was in school and started shaking arms. than was taken to nurse office and began to twitch. it started with spine bowing up and severe. it lasted 45 minutes. we took her to hospital and they gave her allergy medication and stop it for about two hours and it starts again. it keep a pattern of 2 founds reduced twitching with 50 mg of allergy mediation. once it starts takes 50 mg and it take 30 minutes to take effect. the docotr say it is side effect of paroxetine. it should go away. we are very concern that she could have premeit damage.
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
More reviews for: Allegra, Muscle twitching
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- After sitting and trying to stand severe pain in creases of front joint of hip near groin. After taking a few steps pain lessens. Pain is there when I get out of bed or up during the night. This has started about 3 months ago and I had blood work done that said my aso titer is positive and ana scree ...
- I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- I also take hydrocodone for a diagnosis of coxa valga which is a deformity in hips. I was diagnosed with both in 2008. But just recently the muscle twitches started. I only take like 2 pills per day so I know I don't abuse them.
- Have experienced lower back pain after taking Allegra for years. I took a 1 year break from taking it, and started again, taking it on a daily basis instead of as needed. I no longer experience the chronic back pain, but now have significant arm weakness/pain around the elbow joint.
More related studies for: Allegra, Muscle twitching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.