Allegra and Muscle twitching - from FDA reports
Muscle twitching is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Muscle twitching with Allegra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,696 people who have side effects when taking Allegra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
42,696 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 119 people (0.28%) have Muscle twitching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allegra when people have Muscle twitching *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allegra *:
- female: 67.71 %
- male: 32.29 %
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 1.22 %
- 2-9: 2.44 %
- 10-19: 12.2 %
- 20-29: 2.44 %
- 30-39: 20.73 %
- 40-49: 21.95 %
- 50-59: 18.29 %
- 60+: 20.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (30 people, 25.21%)
- Muscle Spasms (20 people, 16.81%)
- Sleep Disorder (19 people, 15.97%)
- Nausea (19 people, 15.97%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 15.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paxil (34 people, 28.57%)
- Nexium (29 people, 24.37%)
- Ibuprofen (28 people, 23.53%)
- Diazepam (27 people, 22.69%)
- Ativan (26 people, 21.85%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (48 people, 40.34%)
- Fatigue (47 people, 39.50%)
- Dizziness (44 people, 36.97%)
- Nausea (42 people, 35.29%)
- Breathing Difficulty (41 people, 34.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Muscle twitching when taking Allegra?
- Check symptoms - is muscle twitching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMuscle twitching and drugs with ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscle twitching and Allegra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,468 users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 16,967 Muscle twitching patients).
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Muscle twitchingMuscle twitching
Could your condition cause Muscle twitchingMuscle twitching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Ive recently started taking suboxone 2mg twice a day. Since beginning the meds I have been experiencing muscle jerks or twitching. It seems to happen more when I'm laying down and almost asleep. When I jerk it startles me and I start again. It has started happening even when I'm not trying to ...
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I've been having random muscular twitches all over my body for two months. I also have a new severe case of acid reflux. I recently had a baby and vomited a lot while pregnant. Also, I had terrible heartburn while pregnant. Anybody have any similar things happen?
I am a 60 year old male with COPD and had Atrial fib until the ablation 3 months ago. Immediately after the ablation, I felt like Superman with no arrhythmia and very moderate COPD that was stable. This past month, I developed Atrial flutter, the 3 medicines they have attempted with me; ...
User reviews to the study
Wondering if this affect can happen after one use? I was given Allegra and a saline nasal solution (deep sea) for my blocked sinuses due to a bad cold. From what I've read, most people who lose taste on Allegra have taken it a month or more. Is it possible with just one 180mg capsule?
45-yr old male, lives in middle-TN where "allergy season" has high impact on most people. I am 20 years in the food industry and an amateur "foodie". I suspected last year that Allegra was affecting my taste but couldn't prove it. This year I noted exactly the date I took my 1st pill of the ...
I am stopping Allegra today to see if it helps in alleviating my RLS. I am also starting a low FODMOP diet, gluten free etc..as the studies are finding a definite correlation. Starting higher doses of organic turmeric as well. I refuse to go on Mirapex or Neurontin as prescribed by my GP. ...