Review: could Allegra cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 22,805 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA and social media. Among them, 549 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Allegra and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 23,856 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 22,805 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 582 people (2.55%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Allegra when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||33.33%||14.29%||23.81%||19.05%||0.00%||9.52%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra * :
|Urinary tract infection||82.01%||17.99% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.18%||1.59%||3.70%||5.47%||14.11%||23.28%||51.68% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (66 people, 11.34%)
- Hypertension (52 people, 8.93%)
- Pain (51 people, 8.76%)
- Depression (48 people, 8.25%)
- Metastases to bone (44 people, 7.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (143 people, 24.57%)
- Aredia (121 people, 20.79%)
- Zometa (119 people, 20.45%)
- Nexium (116 people, 19.93%)
- Lipitor (100 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Allegra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allegra and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Allegra
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections (1 answer)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profession in the UK seem to think there is no correlation between warfarin and urinary infections. He has been checked out to see if there is a problem with his bladder/prostrate/kidneys but all are okay and the only link we can see is when his warfarin is increased to a high dose (10mg or above) he gets this infection.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know where I could go for more information on a possible link?
Thank you for your help.
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
More questions for: Allegra, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
More reviews for: Allegra, Urinary tract infection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- Have experienced lower back pain after taking Allegra for years. I took a 1 year break from taking it, and started again, taking it on a daily basis instead of as needed. I no longer experience the chronic back pain, but now have significant arm weakness/pain around the elbow joint.
- Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- 52 years old.Been on pravastatin 1 month and incurred my first ever urinary tract infection. Have gone thru 4 rounds of antibiotics and still have infection and blood in urine 5 months later. Clears with antibiotic then reoccurs shortly thereafter
- I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
More related studies for: Allegra, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.