Review: could Allegra cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 22,817 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA and social media. Among them, 547 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allegra and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 23,867 Allegra users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,299 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 22,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 582 people (2.55%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Allegra when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||33.33%||14.29%||23.81%||19.05%||0.00%||9.52%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra * :
|Urinary tract infection||82.01%||17.99% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.18%||1.59%||3.70%||5.47%||14.11%||23.28%||51.68% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (66 people, 11.34%)
- Hypertension (52 people, 8.93%)
- Pain (51 people, 8.76%)
- Depression (48 people, 8.25%)
- Metastases to bone (44 people, 7.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (143 people, 24.57%)
- Aredia (121 people, 20.79%)
- Zometa (119 people, 20.45%)
- Nexium (116 people, 19.93%)
- Lipitor (100 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allegra and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Allegra?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Allegra and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Allegra
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Allegra, Singulair, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 52-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Proventil-hfa, Allegra, Advair Hfa for a 35-year old man with Allergies, Asthma. The patient has Somnambulism
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Estradiol, Mesalamine, Ultracet, Allegra for a 25-year old woman with Antibiotic Associated Colitis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Ulcerative Colitis, Sinusitis. The patient has Feeling Guilty
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Allegra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.