Review: could Allegra cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 22,817 people who have side effects while taking Allegra from FDA and social media. Among them, 549 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allegra and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 23,865 Allegra users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 22,815 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra. Among them, 582 people (2.55%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Allegra when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||33.33%||14.29%||23.81%||19.05%||0.00%||9.52%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra * :
|Urinary tract infection||82.01%||17.99% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.18%||1.59%||3.70%||5.47%||14.11%||23.28%||51.68% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Allegra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (66 people, 11.34%)
- Hypertension (52 people, 8.93%)
- Pain (51 people, 8.76%)
- Depression (48 people, 8.25%)
- Metastases to bone (44 people, 7.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (143 people, 24.57%)
- Aredia (121 people, 20.79%)
- Zometa (119 people, 20.45%)
- Nexium (116 people, 19.93%)
- Lipitor (100 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allegra and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Allegra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Allegra and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Allegra
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 60-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Thrush (an infection of the mouth caused by the candida fungus), Cystitis (inflammation of the wall of the bladder)
Recent Allegra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.