Review: could Alli cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Alli, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication No concurrent medication, and have Weight loss diet.
We study 15,867 people who have side effects while taking Alli from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Alli and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Alli has active ingredients of orlistat. It is often used in obesity. (latest outcomes from Alli 16,190 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 15,866 people reported to have side effects when taking Alli. Among them, 59 people (0.37%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Alli when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||80.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Alli * :
|Urinary tract infection||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Alli * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||13.16%||15.79%||7.89%||10.53%||31.58%||21.05% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Alli ** :
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Weight loss diet (14 people, 23.73%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 5.08%)
- Vitamin supplementation (2 people, 3.39%)
- Weight decreased (2 people, 3.39%)
- Weight control (2 people, 3.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- No concurrent medication (5 people, 8.47%)
- Ascorbic acid (4 people, 6.78%)
- Vitamin d (4 people, 6.78%)
- Multi-vitamin (4 people, 6.78%)
- Vitamin e (4 people, 6.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Alli?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Alli and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Alli
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections (1 answer)
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profession in the UK seem to think there is no correlation between warfarin and urinary infections. He has been checked out to see if there is a problem with his bladder/prostrate/kidneys but all are okay and the only link we can see is when his warfarin is increased to a high dose (10mg or above) he gets this infection.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know where I could go for more information on a possible link?
Thank you for your help.
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Maca)
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Sore Throat, and takes Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice a day for seven days. I had been taking my medicine since then. However, I had sore throat by the 6th day I had been taking the medicine. I am not sure whether I had sore throat due to the medication or for any other reasons. My next appointment with my OBGyne is three days away. I do not know whether I should tell her about it or wait till my appointment.
- Which drug for uti is less likely to cause low platelets - amoxicillin or trimethroprim
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has UTI, Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Years ago on two occasions (11 years in between) I had severe thrombocytopenia some weeks after taking Septrin (trimethroprim and sulfamethoxazole ). I now have a UTI which hasn't responded to home treatment and my doctor has offered trimethroprim or amoxicillin. I have also had megaloblastic anaemia, for which I was prescribed folic acid. That is now at a very low level. Which drug is safer in my case?
Does it help to take strong probiotics when on antibiotics, as I have a tendency to IBS with diarrhoea, although that is much improved now after diet changes.
More questions for: Alli, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Irregular menstrual cycle ob alli
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, and takes Alli)
missed periods and long menses (bleeding) lasting 29 days plus. would not stop without medication. cycle is prolonged and irregular only when taking alli. sometimes I Can go months without having a cycle and to get a cycle I must stop taking alliance for at least a week. This was my tell all. my prolactin was not normal.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
- Temporary amnesia from uti
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won't happen overnight. The only medication that I take is Cipramil for Fibromyalgia. I suffer quite badly from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and must not have caffeine, dairy, or wheat. If I do, I pay the price. Sugar causes blisters in my mouth,and blisters under my breasts and armpits. If I don't have sugar, these symptoms go away. So after the amnesia episode, I will work harder at making myself healthy again.
More reviews for: Alli, Urinary tract infection
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Quinine Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin for a patient with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Neuropathic Pain, Coccydynia. The patient has Eye Pain, Frequent Headaches, Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Uti
Comments: Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- A study of drug interactions between Bisacodyl, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Flunisolide, Alli, Potassium Chloride, Aspirin, Clonazepam, Buspirone Hcl, Simvastatin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Carvedilol, Multivitamin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone for a patient with Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Weight Control, Potassium - Low, Blood Clot - Lung, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension - Medication Related, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Increased, Health, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Chronic Depression, Knee Replacement - Total. The patient has Anger, Stress, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: 27 L knee operations, three massive L knee infections resulting in a third and final arthoplasty revision. Extensive soft tissue damage resulting in perminante subqutanious sutuers and locking full leg brace, also perminante.
Daily swelling in the knee joint (4 to 6 cm daily). Constant pain as we ...
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: 52 years old.Been on pravastatin 1 month and incurred my first ever urinary tract infection. Have gone thru 4 rounds of antibiotics and still have infection and blood in urine 5 months later. Clears with antibiotic then reoccurs shortly thereafter
- A study of drug interactions between Prochlorperazine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Etodolac, Neurontin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Alli, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Tramadol for a patient with Nausea, Fibromyoma, Inflammation, Pain, Edima, Constipation, Muscle Spasms, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Bone Pain
Comments: I see a pain doctor once a month. They do a drug screen to see if you take you're meds, and if there's any meds you should not be taking. I did produce very little urine, approx. 1tsp-1tbl, but the nurse said she had a reading. it showed positive for Nuycnta in my system. I did not take anything tha ...
More related studies for: Alli, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.