Allopurinol and Acute lymphocytic leukaemia - from FDA reports
Acute lymphocytic leukaemia is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia with Allopurinol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 81,359 people who have side effects when taking Allopurinol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
81,359 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol.
Among them, 52 people (0.06%) have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allopurinol when people have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia *:
- < 1 month: 38.46 %
- 1 - 6 months: 46.15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15.38 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia when taking Allopurinol *:
- female: 58 %
- male: 42 %
Age of people who have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia when taking Allopurinol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.63 %
- 10-19: 13.16 %
- 20-29: 2.63 %
- 30-39: 15.79 %
- 40-49: 13.16 %
- 50-59: 10.53 %
- 60+: 42.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (9 people, 17.31%)
- Tumor Lysis Syndrome (8 people, 15.38%)
- Multiple Myeloma (6 people, 11.54%)
- Nausea (4 people, 7.69%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (14 people, 26.92%)
- Ondansetron (12 people, 23.08%)
- Dexamethasone (12 people, 23.08%)
- Zofran (10 people, 19.23%)
- Elspar (8 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pancytopenia (11 people, 21.15%)
- Breathing Difficulty (11 people, 21.15%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (8 people, 15.38%)
- Fatigue (8 people, 15.38%)
- Hypotension (7 people, 13.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Allopurinol?
- Check symptoms - is acute lymphocytic leukaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Allopurinol 83,261 users)
Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia
Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (cancer of the white blood cells) has been reported by people with acute lymphocytic leukemia (all), multiple myeloma, preventive health care, chronic myeloid leukaemia, breast cancer (latest reports from 13,212 Acute lymphocytic leukaemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Allopurinola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acute lymphocytic leukaemiaAcute lymphocytic leukaemia
Could your condition cause Acute lymphocytic leukaemiaAcute lymphocytic leukaemia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
It's odd. The type of chapped lips from the cold are different from the chapped lips associated with my gout. The main difference is that I still have feeling across my lips; whereas, the chapped lips associated with weather and cold can leave my lips without feeling. This is something I ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been on 25mg carvedilol Twice a day for 5 years. For heart failure likely as result of chemo drug. I had a first time episode of gout a few days ago. Saw my Dr today and am starting on allopurin 10omg 1x /day for one week, then 200 mg 1x /day for 2,weeks and then 300mg 1x/ day Just ...