Home > Allopurinol > Atrial fibrillation > Allopurinol and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Allopurinol cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 50,545 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,401 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Allopurinol (latest outcomes from 51,428 users) has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout.
Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,971 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 50,545 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 1,401 people (2.77%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||25.76%||15.15%||4.55%||18.18%||30.30%||6.06%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Allopurinol * :
|Atrial fibrillation||29.08%||70.92% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Allopurinol * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.08%||0.00%||0.30%||0.23%||2.12%||6.43%||10.60%||80.24% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||83.33%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (157 people, 11.21%)
- Hypertension (153 people, 10.92%)
- Atrial fibrillation (149 people, 10.64%)
- Gout (81 people, 5.78%)
- Hyperuricaemia (68 people, 4.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (434 people, 30.98%)
- Digoxin (394 people, 28.12%)
- Lasix (353 people, 25.20%)
- Furosemide (312 people, 22.27%)
- Coumadin (283 people, 20.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Allopurinol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Allopurinol, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allopürinol and achilles tendinitis
I take allopurinol on a purely prophylactic basis, as my father has got gout and kidney stones. Since three months I suffer from achilles tendinitis; I put it down to overload; I am rather heavy and play a lot of tennis, besides moving a lot at work. As always, I tried to "walk through" my weight as ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
More reviews for: Allopurinol, Atrial fibrillation
On eHealthMe, Allopurinol (allopurinol) is often used for gout. Find out below the conditions Allopurinol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Allopurinol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Allopurinol, Atrial fibrillation
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Allopurinol, Atrial fibrillation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (44 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Mucous Stools
- Cluster Headaches
- Ba Dou
- Trigeminal Neuralgia