Review: could Allopurinol cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 50,579 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,188 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 51,464 Allopurinol users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,838 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 50,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 1,188 people (2.35%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||55.26%||10.53%||2.63%||21.05%||5.26%||2.63%||2.63% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Allopurinol * :
|Bone and joint pain||34.49%||65.51% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Allopurinol * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.66%||0.85%||1.61%||12.24%||24.86%||59.77% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||22.22%||66.67%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (135 people, 11.36%)
- Gout (130 people, 10.94%)
- Multiple myeloma (102 people, 8.59%)
- Pain (66 people, 5.56%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (63 people, 5.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (291 people, 24.49%)
- Lasix (233 people, 19.61%)
- Zometa (178 people, 14.98%)
- Lipitor (171 people, 14.39%)
- Protonix (166 people, 13.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Bone and joint pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 58-year old man with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 57-year old man with Gout. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.