Home > Allopurinol > Coronary artery disease > Allopurinol and Coronary artery disease
Review: could Allopurinol cause Coronary artery disease (Coronary heart disease)?
We study 50,545 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 508 have Coronary artery disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Coronary artery disease and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Coronary artery disease >>>
Allopurinol (latest outcomes from 51,428 users) has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout.
Coronary artery disease
Coronary artery disease (plaque building up along the inner walls of the arteries of the heart, which narrows the arteries and restricts blood flow to the heart) (latest reports from 212,178 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 50,545 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 508 people (1.01%) have Coronary Artery Disease.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Coronary artery disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Coronary artery disease||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Coronary artery disease when taking Allopurinol * :
|Coronary artery disease||22.50%||77.50% |
Age of people who have Coronary artery disease when taking Allopurinol * :
|Coronary artery disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.22%||4.03%||26.17%||69.57% |
Severity of Coronary artery disease when taking Allopurinol ** :
How people recovered from Coronary artery disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (57 people, 11.22%)
- Hypertension (44 people, 8.66%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (42 people, 8.27%)
- Diabetes mellitus (36 people, 7.09%)
- Gout (30 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (217 people, 42.72%)
- Lipitor (114 people, 22.44%)
- Lasix (96 people, 18.90%)
- Lisinopril (94 people, 18.50%)
- Plavix (90 people, 17.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Coronary Artery Disease while taking Allopurinol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Coronary Artery Disease
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Coronary Artery Disease
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allopürinol and achilles tendinitis
I take allopurinol on a purely prophylactic basis, as my father has got gout and kidney stones. Since three months I suffer from achilles tendinitis; I put it down to overload; I am rather heavy and play a lot of tennis, besides moving a lot at work. As always, I tried to "walk through" my weight as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
On eHealthMe, Allopurinol (allopurinol) is often used for gout. Find out below the conditions Allopurinol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Allopurinol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Blood Pressure Increased
- Ejaculation Delayed
- Fluvoxamine Maleate Apotex 100mg
- Ectopic Ureter