Home > Allopurinol > Coronary artery disease > Allopurinol and Coronary artery disease
Review: could Allopurinol cause Coronary artery disease (Coronary heart disease)?
Summary: Coronary artery disease is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 50,550 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 412 have Coronary artery disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Coronary artery disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Coronary artery disease >>>
Allopurinol (latest outcomes from 51,436 users) has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout.
Coronary artery disease
Coronary artery disease (plaque building up along the inner walls of the arteries of the heart, which narrows the arteries and restricts blood flow to the heart) (latest reports from 34,943 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 50,545 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 508 people (1.01%) have Coronary Artery Disease.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Coronary artery disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Coronary artery disease||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Coronary artery disease when taking Allopurinol * :
|Coronary artery disease||22.50%||77.50% |
Age of people who have Coronary artery disease when taking Allopurinol * :
|Coronary artery disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.22%||4.03%||26.17%||69.57% |
Severity of Coronary artery disease when taking Allopurinol ** :
How people recovered from Coronary artery disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (57 people, 11.22%)
- Hypertension (44 people, 8.66%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (42 people, 8.27%)
- Diabetes mellitus (36 people, 7.09%)
- Gout (30 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (217 people, 42.72%)
- Lipitor (114 people, 22.44%)
- Lasix (96 people, 18.90%)
- Lisinopril (94 people, 18.50%)
- Plavix (90 people, 17.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Coronary Artery Disease while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Coronary Artery Disease
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Coronary Artery Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take reglan and allopurinol together
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has High Levels Of Uric Acid, Nasea , and takes Allopurinol, Reglan)
I need to know if i can take reglan and allopurinol together. I have nasea and uric acid problems and i am tierd of feeling like vomiting and i dont know what to take for nasea and wont interract with allopurinol thank you.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Enlarged Liver, and takes Allopurinol, Metformin, Lyrica, Morphine)
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
- Safety of nattokinase
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Bleeding 4 Attacks, DVT, and takes Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium)
tooth removed needed 5 f red blood cells and 4 of plasma
- Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Allopurinol, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Crestor, Doxazosin Mesylate, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Oxycodone, Xarelto)
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER
XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now.
More questions for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Allopürinol and achilles tendinitis
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Achilles Tendinitis, and takes Allopurinol)
I take allopurinol on a purely prophylactic basis, as my father has got gout and kidney stones. Since three months I suffer from achilles tendinitis; I put it down to overload; I am rather heavy and play a lot of tennis, besides moving a lot at work. As always, I tried to "walk through" my weight as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Gout, and takes Allopurinol)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a patient with Gout - Chronic. The patient has Serum Ferritin Increased
Comments: I have been taking allopurinol (300mg) since 1990 and blood tests indicate an increase in serum ferritin from 288 to 410 ug/l over the past 18 months. I used to be a blood donor but have stopped since prostate cancer treatment four years ago.
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a patient with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhoea Infectious (bacteria, viruses, and other germs can cause diarrhoea)
Comments: I have been diagnosed with IBS, but I have reason to believe that maybe taking Allopurinol for the last 8 years for Gout may have some effect on my condition. I understand that 300 mg may be too strong for me. My last uric acid level was 3.1 which is in the normal range...should I reduce my amount ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a patient with Gout. The patient has Vaginal Discharge
Comments: I have been recently diagnosed with a urinary infection. I have been taking this medication for about 2 years. However, I also have a foul smelling discharge that has a yellowish beige color. I have taken 6 pills for the urinary infection with a name that starts with a C. (sorry, can't recall) ...
- A study of drug interactions between Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone for a patient with Gouty Arthritis, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Leg Swelling When Walking Or Standing Too Much, Swelling Goes Down After Elevating
Comments: Also have decreased kidney function 25% of kidneys are functioning. When I went in the hospital in May 2014 , 2 small blood clots were found ( lung and also in right leg ) Plus I had Gout and continued to have pain in the knee and swelling in right leg. Now I am ok, but still taking 5 mg ...
More related studies for: Allopurinol, Coronary artery disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Silver and Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction
- Bad Breath
- Kidney Stones and Arrhythmia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cough and Topamax
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (31 minutes ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (1 hour ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (12 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (20 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirapex, Pravachol, Cymbalta, Clonidine, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax for a 58-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, RLS, High Density Lipoprotein Abnormal, RSD, Hot Flashes, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache (42 minutes ago)
- Cephalexin, Aranesp for a 86-year old woman who has Discitis, Low Hemoglobin (46 minutes ago)
- Humira for a 29-year old woman who has Psoriasis (1 hour ago)