Home > Allopurinol > Diarrhoea > Allopurinol and Diarrhoea
Review: could Allopurinol cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
We study 50,545 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,426 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Diarrhoea >>>
Allopurinol (latest outcomes from 51,428 users) has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout.
Diarrhoea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 50,545 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 2,849 people (5.64%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Allopurinol * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Allopurinol * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (353 people, 12.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (260 people, 9.13%)
- Gout (223 people, 7.83%)
- Prophylaxis (133 people, 4.67%)
- Hyperuricaemia (129 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (674 people, 23.66%)
- Lasix (519 people, 18.22%)
- Furosemide (443 people, 15.55%)
- Lisinopril (285 people, 10.00%)
- Prednisone (258 people, 9.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Allopurinol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Diarrhoea
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Diarrhoea
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Allopurinol, Diarrhoea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allopürinol and achilles tendinitis
I take allopurinol on a purely prophylactic basis, as my father has got gout and kidney stones. Since three months I suffer from achilles tendinitis; I put it down to overload; I am rather heavy and play a lot of tennis, besides moving a lot at work. As always, I tried to "walk through" my weight as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Allopurinol, Diarrhoea
On eHealthMe, Allopurinol (allopurinol) is often used for gout. Find out below the conditions Allopurinol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Allopurinol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omega 3, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Niaspan, Hydrochlorothiazide, Allopurinol, Losartan for a patient with Preventiative, Supplement, Arthritic Pain, Cholesteral Imbalance, Water Retention, Gaut, Hypertension. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Rapamune, Prednisone, Prednisone, Prograf, Prograf, Lopressor, Lopressor, Allopurinol, Allopurinol, Bactrim, Colchicine for a patient with Transplant - Kidney, Gout. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Omeprazole, Amlodipine Besylate, Allopurinol, Alendronate Sodium, Prednisone, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Transplant - Kidney, Acid Reflux, Hypertension, Gout, Osteopenia. The patient has Face Lift, Nervousness, Acne, Diarrhea, Corneal Thinning, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Anaemia
More related studies for: Allopurinol, Diarrhoea
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Allopurinol, Diarrhoea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (49 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Completed Suicide
- Peritoneal Cloudy Effluent
- Biopsy Artery Abnormal
- Isoproterenol Hydrochloride
- Eosinophilic Pneumonia