Review: could Allopurinol cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Diarrhoea is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 50,585 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,427 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Diarrhoea >>>
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 51,470 Allopurinol users)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 170,866 Diarrhoea patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 50,583 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 2,850 people (5.63%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Allopurinol * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Allopurinol * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (353 people, 12.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (260 people, 9.12%)
- Gout (223 people, 7.82%)
- Prophylaxis (133 people, 4.67%)
- Hyperuricaemia (129 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (674 people, 23.65%)
- Lasix (519 people, 18.21%)
- Furosemide (443 people, 15.54%)
- Lisinopril (285 people, 10.00%)
- Prednisone (258 people, 9.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allopurinol and diarrhoea on
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Diarrhoea
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Diarrhoea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Mobic, Allopurinol for a 53-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Zyloprim, Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 83-year old man who has Gout - Chronic
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Valsartan for a 77-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Chronic
- Comparions of Baclofen, Xanax, Norco, Allopurinol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman who has Chronic Gouty Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.