Home > Allopurinol > Muscle twitching > Allopurinol and Muscle twitching
Review: could Allopurinol cause Muscle twitching?
We study 50,545 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 169 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Muscle twitching >>>
Allopurinol (latest outcomes from 51,428 users) has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout.
Muscle twitching (latest reports from 62,121 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 50,545 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 169 people (0.33%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||50.00%||12.50%||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allopurinol * :
|Muscle twitching||71.08%||28.92% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allopurinol * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.64%||0.64%||4.46%||13.38%||80.89% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal failure chronic (98 people, 57.99%)
- Gout (17 people, 10.06%)
- Open wound (9 people, 5.33%)
- Metastases to bone (9 people, 5.33%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 4.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (109 people, 64.50%)
- Multi-vitamins (108 people, 63.91%)
- Furosemide (106 people, 62.72%)
- Simvastatin (101 people, 59.76%)
- Heparin (101 people, 59.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Allopurinol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Allopurinol, Muscle twitching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allopürinol and achilles tendinitis
I take allopurinol on a purely prophylactic basis, as my father has got gout and kidney stones. Since three months I suffer from achilles tendinitis; I put it down to overload; I am rather heavy and play a lot of tennis, besides moving a lot at work. As always, I tried to "walk through" my weight as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Allopurinol, Muscle twitching
On eHealthMe, Allopurinol (allopurinol) is often used for gout. Find out below the conditions Allopurinol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Allopurinol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Allopurinol, Muscle twitching
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Allopurinol, Muscle twitching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (45 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (47 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Emotional Poverty
- High Cholesterol