Allopurinol and Muscle twitching - from FDA reports
Muscle twitching is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Renal failure chronic. This review analyzes which people have Muscle twitching with Allopurinol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84,020 people who have side effects when taking Allopurinol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 22, 2017
84,020 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol.
Among them, 207 people (0.25%) have Muscle twitching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allopurinol when people have Muscle twitching *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allopurinol *:
- female: 68.63 %
- male: 31.37 %
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Allopurinol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.53 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.06 %
- 40-49: 3.17 %
- 50-59: 15.34 %
- 60+: 79.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Renal Failure Chronic (98 people, 47.34%)
- High Blood Pressure (19 people, 9.18%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.31%)
- Metastases To Bone (9 people, 4.35%)
- Cuts And Puncture Wounds (9 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (117 people, 56.52%)
- Lisinopril (109 people, 52.66%)
- Heparin (102 people, 49.28%)
- Simvastatin (101 people, 48.79%)
- Enalapril Maleate (101 people, 48.79%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (127 people, 61.35%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (113 people, 54.59%)
- Anaemia (113 people, 54.59%)
- Pain (112 people, 54.11%)
- Pleural Effusion (109 people, 52.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Muscle twitching when taking Allopurinol?
- Check symptoms - is muscle twitching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMuscle twitching and drugs with ingredients of allopurinol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscle twitching and Allopurinol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Allopurinol 85,974 users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 16,967 Muscle twitching patients).
Browse all side effects of Allopurinola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Muscle twitchingMuscle twitching
Could your condition cause Muscle twitchingMuscle twitching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just started Allopurinol regime (300mg/day). Only noticeable side effect is slight pins and needles feeling in my hands and feet. Never experience numbness or any loss of feeling just this vague pins and needles. Doctor isn't too concerned and I have seen where new users may feel this. Just ...
Ive recently started taking suboxone 2mg twice a day. Since beginning the meds I have been experiencing muscle jerks or twitching. It seems to happen more when I'm laying down and almost asleep. When I jerk it startles me and I start again. It has started happening even when I'm not trying to ...
I've been having random muscular twitches all over my body for two months. I also have a new severe case of acid reflux. I recently had a baby and vomited a lot while pregnant. Also, I had terrible heartburn while pregnant. Anybody have any similar things happen?
User reviews to the study
I have been on 25mg carvedilol Twice a day for 5 years. For heart failure likely as result of chemo drug. I had a first time episode of gout a few days ago. Saw my Dr today and am starting on allopurin 10omg 1x /day for one week, then 200 mg 1x /day for 2,weeks and then 300mg 1x/ day Just ...