Review: could Allopurinol cause Nausea?
Summary: Nausea is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 50,583 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,672 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Nausea >>>
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 51,468 Allopurinol users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 264,783 Nausea patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 50,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 2,672 people (5.28%) have Nausea.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Allopurinol * :
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Allopurinol * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (275 people, 10.29%)
- Gout (206 people, 7.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (176 people, 6.59%)
- Pain (145 people, 5.43%)
- Prophylaxis (140 people, 5.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (664 people, 24.85%)
- Lasix (442 people, 16.54%)
- Furosemide (378 people, 14.15%)
- Digoxin (287 people, 10.74%)
- Lipitor (259 people, 9.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allopurinol and nausea on
Do you have Nausea while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Nausea
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Nausea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Anastrozole, Zoloft for a 66-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic, Breast Cancer In Situ, Depression. The patient has Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Plavix, Eliquis for a 89-year old man with Blood Clots. The patient has Cancer - Stomach, Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Mobic, Allopurinol for a 53-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Zyloprim, Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 83-year old man who has Gout - Chronic
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Valsartan for a 77-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Chronic
- Comparions of Baclofen, Xanax, Norco, Allopurinol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman who has Chronic Gouty Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.