Review: could Allopurinol cause Tiredness (Fatigue)?
Summary: Tiredness is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 50,583 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,512 have Tiredness. Find out below who they are, when they have Tiredness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Tiredness >>>
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 51,468 Allopurinol users)
Tiredness (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 200,713 Tiredness patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 50,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 2,512 people (4.97%) have Tiredness.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Tiredness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tiredness when taking Allopurinol * :
Age of people who have Tiredness when taking Allopurinol * :
Severity of Tiredness when taking Allopurinol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tiredness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (244 people, 9.71%)
- Gout (231 people, 9.20%)
- Multiple myeloma (205 people, 8.16%)
- Renal failure chronic (121 people, 4.82%)
- Pain (110 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (722 people, 28.74%)
- Furosemide (531 people, 21.14%)
- Lasix (442 people, 17.60%)
- Lisinopril (416 people, 16.56%)
- Digoxin (385 people, 15.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allopurinol and tiredness on
Do you have Tiredness while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Tiredness
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Tiredness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Plan B One-step for a 42-year old woman with Emergency Contraception. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Avodart, Casodex, Lupron Depot, Avapro for a 83-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Blood Pressure. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.