Review: could Allopurinol cause Vasculitis?
Summary: Vasculitis is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 50,585 people who have side effects while taking Allopurinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 137 have Vasculitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Vasculitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Vasculitis >>>
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 51,470 Allopurinol users)
Vasculitis (inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 8,112 Vasculitis patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 50,583 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol. Among them, 137 people (0.27%) have Vasculitis.
Time on Allopurinol when people have Vasculitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vasculitis when taking Allopurinol * :
Age of people who have Vasculitis when taking Allopurinol * :
Severity of Vasculitis when taking Allopurinol ** :
How people recovered from Vasculitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (29 people, 21.17%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (24 people, 17.52%)
- Gout (19 people, 13.87%)
- Thrombocytopenia (12 people, 8.76%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 7.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 29.20%)
- Lasix (33 people, 24.09%)
- Diflucan (33 people, 24.09%)
- Prednisone (32 people, 23.36%)
- Vancomycin (30 people, 21.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of allopurinol and vasculitis on
Do you have Vasculitis while taking Allopurinol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Allopurinol and have Vasculitis
- support group for people who take Allopurinol
- support group for people who have Vasculitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Allopurinol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Mobic, Allopurinol for a 53-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Zyloprim, Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 83-year old man who has Gout - Chronic
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Valsartan for a 77-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Chronic
- Comparions of Baclofen, Xanax, Norco, Allopurinol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman who has Chronic Gouty Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.