Allopurinol and Vasculitis - from FDA reports
Vasculitis is found among people who take Allopurinol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Vasculitis with Allopurinol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84,020 people who have side effects when taking Allopurinol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
84,020 people reported to have side effects when taking Allopurinol.
Among them, 173 people (0.21%) have Vasculitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allopurinol when people have Vasculitis *:
- < 1 month: 23.08 %
- 1 - 6 months: 38.46 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30.77 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vasculitis when taking Allopurinol *:
- female: 42.07 %
- male: 57.93 %
Age of people who have Vasculitis when taking Allopurinol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.64 %
- 30-39: 1.27 %
- 40-49: 3.82 %
- 50-59: 35.03 %
- 60+: 58.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (29 people, 16.76%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (24 people, 13.87%)
- High Blood Pressure (16 people, 9.25%)
- Multiple Myeloma (13 people, 7.51%)
- Thrombocytopenia (12 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (34 people, 19.65%)
- Lasix (34 people, 19.65%)
- Diflucan (33 people, 19.08%)
- Nexium (30 people, 17.34%)
- Methotrexate (30 people, 17.34%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (41 people, 23.70%)
- Osteoporosis (35 people, 20.23%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (35 people, 20.23%)
- Pleural Effusion (34 people, 19.65%)
- Oedema Peripheral (33 people, 19.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Vasculitis when taking Allopurinol?
- Check symptoms - is vasculitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVasculitis and drugs with ingredients of allopurinol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVasculitis and Allopurinol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Allopurinol 85,975 users)
Vasculitis (inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 8,548 Vasculitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Allopurinola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with VasculitisVasculitis
Could your condition cause VasculitisVasculitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My wife developed a condition known as Granulomatosis Polyagiitis. Our doctor says this is generally triggered by an infection. She had been hospitalized for food poisoning about 3 weeks before the GPA symptoms began to appear. She also had Sepsis during her stay. We are wondering if the ...
Just started Allopurinol regime (300mg/day). Only noticeable side effect is slight pins and needles feeling in my hands and feet. Never experience numbness or any loss of feeling just this vague pins and needles. Doctor isn't too concerned and I have seen where new users may feel this. Just ...
It's odd. The type of chapped lips from the cold are different from the chapped lips associated with my gout. The main difference is that I still have feeling across my lips; whereas, the chapped lips associated with weather and cold can leave my lips without feeling. This is something I ...
User reviews to the study
I have been on 25mg carvedilol Twice a day for 5 years. For heart failure likely as result of chemo drug. I had a first time episode of gout a few days ago. Saw my Dr today and am starting on allopurin 10omg 1x /day for one week, then 200 mg 1x /day for 2,weeks and then 300mg 1x/ day Just ...